8

Tonight is New Years Eve and I had nothing else to do so I'm going to a party with Josh. Wow how great right?

"Damn, I literally have no friends besides you and Finn. I have Finn's friends but that's only because Finn introduced me." I sigh, I'm a loner.

"Well, try to make a friend tonight." Josh stands up. "Go get dressed, it's already 7 and we're leaving at 8."

I roll my eyes, "That's not gonna happen and I'm going."

I walk into my room and pick up the outfit I planned on wearing. I placed a pair of ripped jeans, my white Allstars and my cropped Tommy Hilfiger top on my bed. I turn on my Beats Pill and start blasting Sabrina Carpenter's song On Purpose. I turn on my curling iron and spend the next half hour doing my hair, and then the next 15 minutes doing my makeup.

I leave my room and meet up with Josh outside after I finish getting completely ready.

Finn didn't say anything about him coming up for tonight, he probably wants to start the New Year with his family and friends at home.

"Ready to go?" Josh asks as I get into his car.

"As ready as I'll always be." I turn up the radio but 5 minutes later Josh turns it down.

"Do you like Finn." Josh questions.

I look over at him, "You already know I do, stupid."

"But does he like you?" Josh watches me from the mirror. I shrug, "Probably not."

"But he kissed you." I chuckle, "He has to kiss people when he's acting too and those don't mean anything."

We stop in front of a house and I get out of the car. No, it doesn't look like a party you would see in a movie or read about in a book, you could see people hanging out and some dancing. Me and Josh walk in together but he is gone in a second.

I walk into the kitchen where there's food and drinks, I grab a water and I hang out for a while by myself, I'm just people watching. I see a girl and decide to walk over to her. She's been by herself the same amount of time I have been standing here.

"Hey, I'm Lucy, mind if I chill with you?" I lean against the wall where she's standing.

"Of course, I'm Veronica but you can call me Ronnie. Why are you alone?" She smiles at me.

"I came with my brother and he left me right when we walked in, what about you?" I sit down on the couch next to us.

"Well, I came with my friend and she went off with her guy friend, I only came for this boy and I haven't even seen him yet." Ronnie leans against my side when she sits next to me. "I hate guys." She groans.

"What's his name." I ask.

"Blake and I really like him." Ronnie sighs.

"Why don't you go find him then?" I stand up and grab her hand to pull her up. "But before you do, give me your number so we can be friends."

I give her my phone and she puts her number in and I put mine in her phone.

"I'm not going, you realize that right." I nod and laugh. "So, do you have any boy problems?"

"You don't even want to get me started."

"Tell meeee. Who is it?" Ronnie begs.

"His name is Finn Wolfhard, he's my best friend, and that's all he thinks of me as." I sigh. "Enough of this sad shit, let's go dance."

Me and Ronnie danced together right up until midnight when the TV was turned on so we could watch the ball drop.

"10."

And I'm starting the New Year with a new friend.

"9."

At least I have a new one.

"8."

I guess Finn really isn't here.

"7."

It's fine, I will see him soon enough.

"6."

Where the hell is Josh?

Me and Ronnie look at each other and chant with the crowd.

"5... 4... 3... 2... 1..."

A hand is placed on my shoulder and I'm turned around. Finn smiles at me and kisses my cheek, "Happy New Year."

Ronnie winks at me, "I don't think he sees you as just friends."