Introduction

+

I'm Mickey; I'm 16 and live in the Lighthouse Orphanage. The name's very misleading by the way. First, it isn't a lighthouse; second, it's not a beacon of anything, like a metaphorical lighthouse would be - unless "beacon of depression" is a thing. Plenty of people tell me I'm clever and look a lot like my mother. My dark brown hair falls like an ocean down my back, and my eyes are deep green like a zuchini. The other kids at the orphanage like to make fun of me because my nose is small. They like to hit me and take my food, too. I guess it's a good thing I'm not there a lot. Usually, I'm on the street with my violin, playing songs for money. It's a pretty great source of income, seeing as I'm very talented on the violin.

Aside from that, I've been trying to dig up stuff on my family so I can get out of that melancholy orphanage. I get these weird hunches every now and again, and one of them said that there's family that's willing to take me in somewhere. And if that's not true, oh well. I'm sure I can last 2 more years.

+

Note: This is a Sherlock BBC fanfiction. It takes place at the end of the most recent season, meaning there will be spoilers (possibly) and things around Mary and John. Thanks for reading :)