Remember That You're Not Alone.

• Dedicated to my mom

Chapter 24.

Weeks later and my sister was visiting.

I went to the train station to pick her up and stood against a pillar whilst waiting.

"Christina?" I heard a yell.

"Sandra!" I yelled back, seeing my baby sister step off the train and onto the platform.

I ran towards her and wrapped my arms around her, taking in the scent of her detergent and of home.

"It's been so long," she murmured into my shoulder, something that quite sounded like a sniffle emitting from her.

"Oh, hush now," I shook my head,"I hope you don't mind but I invited my friend down and we're gonna watch movies, eat and drink until we're merry. Of course, a non-alcoholic merry."

"Of course," she nodded,"how's you and that boy going by the way?"

"We're not," I told her firmly, a clear sign to steer clear of the topic.

"Oh..." she murmured,"...oh."

"Well, come on. Haven't got all the day long," I told her, putting a cheery smile onto my face as I pulled half of her luggage from her.

"What?" She asekd.

"Well, you're in New York, what's better than some retail therapy?" I asked, a hopeful thought.

I watched as her face went from shock to complete blissful awe in a matter of seconds as she began to jump up and down and clap her hands together.

"Oh my gosh, really?" She squealed.

"Of course, we just have to stop by my place first to leave your stuff there and to pick up Tay," I told her as we walked to my car.

"Tay, as in, Tay Jardine? From We Are The In Crowd?" She stopped, looking at me with shocked eyes.

"Oh, uh, yeah," I said, scratching my neck,"you can't freak out though."

"I thought you meant Amanda, because, well, she was kinda your only friend for ages," she shrugged,"but okay I'll try not to."

"Good," I said, dumping her bag into the boot,"now put your bag into the boot and your butt in the car."

She saluted me before doing as I said.

*

"And, this is my home!" I announced, turning off the engine of my car,"we're making a pit stop for a while 'til Tay gets here and then we'll make our game plan, sound good?"

"Sounds awesome," my sister nodded, getting out of the car and going to the boot.

I let her in after locking my car and showed her to the spare room, letting her settle in as I let Tay inside.

"Hi!" She grinned, her dimples prominent in her smile,"how have you been?"

"Coping," I shrugged, letting her know that I didn't want to talk about... it,"but, my little sister is here, as you know, but she's a huge fan of you guys. Please don't hate me if she freaks."

She laughed,"no worries. That's so cool, it's nice to know that people are fans, unlike someone I know."

She looked at me pointedly.

"I love your music, I'm just not passionate enough to be a fan," I rolled my eyes and closed the door.

"Sure," she muttered.

I then heard heavy steps on the stairs.

"Christi-" She yelled, stopping short when she saw Tay.