You're Giving Me Such A Rush.

Chapter 17.

I, once again, changed my outfit, from a pair of shorts with a cute shirt tucked in with the most amazing patterned tights (ones with Mickey Mouse on) to a dress that hung to just above my knee.

It had a black skirt and a giant cat's face on the top, my favourite dress, but it just didn't look... right.

But I left it because I was damn late and threw on a leather jacket with spiked studded shoulders, a necklace with a dangling elephant and a bracelet with a pentigram on.

I left my makeup to a bare minimum of mascara and chap stick, the foundation I'd put on for work enough to conceal anything major on my face.

My hair was in loose waves, like the ones that look good on all those Tumblr girls but it just looked like I hadn't brushed my hair... which I hadn't, but that was beside the point.

But I just didn't have the time to stare in the mirror and scrutanise what I saw, the knock-knees or wide hips, because I was already running late.

So, I ran around my room like a headless chicken, grabbing my purse and all the other shit I thought I'd need for... for a trip to the cinema.

That question had been floating around my mind.

Is this a date?

Though, I didn't have enough time to ponder further as my doorbell rang and firm raps sounded on the door.

I rolled my eyes at Jordan's impatience and grabbed a scarf before running down stairs.

"God, Eckes, get your panties out of the twist they're in," I said as I opened the door.

I looked up to see a face I hadn't seen in a long time.

"Mom," I muttered, my voice turning weak.

"Hi honey," she smiled sweetly.

"Look, um, I really don't have time to-" I began.

"Are you really turning me away?" She pulled a disappointed face,"You never did know how to greet visitors."

"Actually, mother, I am turning you away, because I have a prior engagement," I sighed, half praying that she'd see Jordan and leave, but also hoping that she wouldn't see him.

Obviously the universe was against me as Jordan pulled up at my house and got out of his car. He cautiously made his way to my door, spotting the angry woman known as my mother.

"Oh, and is this your previous engagement?" She asked, a hand on her hip with a scowl on her face.

"Jordan, this is my mother, mom, this is Jordan," I introduced them.

"Why didn't you tell me you had a boyfriend?" She asked, a frown on her face.

"Oh we're not-" he began.

"We haven't been together long," I cut him off, wrapping an arm around his waist,"I would have told you but I didn't want to jump the gun."

She pulled an unconvinced face before turning to Jordan.

"Well, Jordan, it's a pleasure to meet you," she spoke,"and I'm sorry for delaying your plans."

"It's really not a bother," he said, his voice oozing with charm,"the pleasure is all mine."

I inwardly rolled my eyes at his tone before speaking again.

"Well mother, I do wish we could stay and chat," I told her, a fake grin on my face,"but we have reservations."