Aftermath

All Stiles could see was red. If it was from the blood or his just his rage, he did not know. He felt staggering pains that any person would most likely scream from, be he was used to this. So why was it different this time? Why couldn't he see? He couldn't hear any background noises either. It was like the world had gone silent.

Then the loud piercing sound of a siren broke through the nothingness. This is a joke, Stiles though. A cruel one, but a joke. He had counted the days in the beginning. But when his cell walls couldn't hold anymore scratches, he gave up. He was only surrounding himself with a past failure.

He really did try to get away at first. Got a scar on his stomach for it. There were other times, but just like the scratches on the wall, he gave up.

Stiles wanted to be stronger. He wanted to be able to stand up against his captor. But he wasn't strong. He was weak. He let himself give up and that's why he had come to terms with dying. Welcomed it actually. But as the sirens grew louder, Stiles' hope grew bigger. His long lost friend, hope, had come back.

He had to get up. Get up, he told himself, but his body was motionless. And again the self hatred started eating away at him. He didn't understand how he could be so weak.

Voices. That's what Stiles heard. And not the gnarled voice of his captor. Sweet young voices. Voices that could possibly save him. Then he felt hands. But Stiles could still not see, so he screamed. Screamed for the first time in months. He screamed and screamed but the hands were relentless. He screamed until he voice gave, but even after that he still tried.

He felt a prick in his elbow and everything went black. The awful blood red that once flooded his vision was turned to a welcomed shining black. Maybe this is what death feels like, Stiles though and he smiled, for death was always welcome.

A/N: This is the prologue to my new story, "Aftermath." I hope everyone likes it. The next chapter should be sometime later this week. Thanks for reading and please vote or comment! 😊😊