Chapter One

Stiles woke up to stabbing white lights. He blinked away the pain. Pain. Pain meant being alive. That meant he made it. For some reason Stiles was disliked the thought. Death was easy, but life was another story. Life was hard. Life held difficulties and hardship. Life sucked. That's why Stiles made the choice that he did.

There was no point in living anymore if he had nothing to live for. He ripped and tore at his bandages and the cords sticking out of his arms. He scratched at his face and slammed his head down on the bed. Life was pointless, so now he would end it.

Then he felt hands again. They weren't the harsh big hands of his captor or even the warm hands of his savior. These hands were new. Little and feminine in every aspect. Just so warm and welcoming it made Stiles lean into them.

Then he felt a familiar prick and everything went slack. Even though this wasn't death, it felt close to it, but Stiles would take anything that he could get.

-

Stiles woke up a second time. This time around it took him longer to orient himself. He had failed again. It was useless. He quickly discovered that his hands where tied to the bed with soft cuffs and Velcro. Everything was useless.

A nurse came into the room and gasped when she saw he was awake. "Stiles!" She said his name like she recognized him. He thought he had seen her before. Long, dark curly hair and big brown eyes. She looked to be middle aged and her name tag read 'Melissa McCall'.

Stiles furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. She seemed so familiar but still seemed like a stranger.

"Do you remember me, Stiles?"

Stiles shook his head 'no'. He really didn't remember her.

"I'm Scott's mom. You guys were best friends when you where younger. He was torn apart when you went missing. He's so excited to see you again."

Scott. His best friend. At the end of his time being a prisoner he had thought that Scott was just imaginary. He was so happy to finally meet this boy named Scott. Joy. Something he hadn't felt in a long time.

"Oh, I'll get your father right away. He's only seen you when you have been sleeping. He's very happy that you're back, Stiles. Everyone is." She went back out of the door and left Stiles alone for a while. He thought of Scott and his dad. He was anxious for his father's arrival.

A man in a sheriff's uniform came into Stiles' hospital room with teary eyes. He did recognize this person.

"Dad?" He whispered, his voice cracked with emotion.

"Oh, God, Stiles! My boy. My boy is back." He fell to his knees and lightly hugged Stiles' middle, making sure not to squeeze too hard and injure Stiles further.

Then he noticed the restraints and the scratched skin. He looked at Stiles with a questioning look. Stiles looked down, not able to handle his father's judging stare any longer.

"I love you no matter what," the sheriff whispered in Stiles' ear. Stiles smiled. The familiar tug at the corner at his lips made him smile even larger.

He was finally home.