Frozen Time

Harry POV

I watch as Percy runs back into the woods, shaking my head. This all feels so unreal, but it is actually happening.

"We should follow him," Ron says, gripping the handle of the dagger Percy gave him.

"Ron's right," Hermione says. "He's probably headed towards all of the fighting." I nod and sit down on a rock, my head starting to throb in pain.

"Harry, are you okay?" I hear Hermione ask through the growing pain of my head. I then hear a muffled scream and see her bend over in pain as well. Ron scrambles to Hermione, cradling her in his arms.

I bury my head in my hands. Everything sounds fuzzy, and the pain coming from my head is worse than any pain I've ever felt before. I scream, the pain driving me crazy, when everything stops.

The pain is gone. And the world is deathly silent. I look up, and see Hermione shivering in Ron's arms. She looks up at me, tears streaming down her face.

"That was really painful," She exclaims, brushing the tears from her cheeks with her hand.

"I'm okay, Ron. You can let me go now." When Ron doesn't move, Hermione pokes his cheek. I get up and walk slowly to her.

"Ron? Hello?" Hermione pulls away from his arms with some difficulty to find him frozen with a terrified look on his face.

"Hermione," I say, "I think time is frozen."

"Yes, Harry, I realized that," She says, glaring at me. I look around at the frozen landscape, noticing small details frozen in time.

"Why us?" I ask.

"I don't know, Harry," Hermione says. "I don't know..."

She starts walking through the trees in the direction Percy went a couple of minutes ago. I look at Ron, hesitating for a second, before pulling out my sword and following her.

As we wander through the trees, I see battles frozen in time like 3D paintings. So many monsters towering over frightened Demigods who can't be much younger than first years at Hogwarts, and some victorious Half-Bloods posed for a final blow.

I shiver at the strangeness of it all, hurrying up to keep up with Hermione's lengthy stride. Eventually, we arrive at the edge of the forest. What I see takes my breath away.

There is a large, open valley that spreads to the sea. Near the edge of the forest, there is a dining area sitting on top of a hill. An impressive 3-story house sits on the opposite side of the valley. Over a hill, I can see the tops of a collection of cabins, and across from that, a race track. Surrounding the track is many training arenas, volleyball courts, and sheds, which I assume hold weapons. In the middle of it all is an amphitheater structure with a frozen fire sitting in the center. Everywhere there is frozen fighting like in the forest.

Hermione and I look over the frozen landscape in awe. As we take in the scene, the fire in the middle of the amphitheater bursts into life. I jump and scream at the sudden movement and noise. Hermione grabs my hand and sets off.

"Come on, someone is here," she says. When we enter the Amphitheater everything comes to life. It's like being in a snow-globe where everything is frozen outside of it.

Standing next to the fire there is a girl. She's relatively small in size, but is glowing with more power than I've ever seen before.

"Hello?" I ask, walking towards her. Hermione grabs my arm and pulls me back as the girl turned around. I gasped. She's stunning, with long, dirty-blonde hair that's pulled back into a pony-tail, and sparkling, gold eyes that have flecks of green. She has on a beautiful, golden dress that matches her eyes, and is holding a watch on a chain in her hand.

"Interesting," She says, looking into my eyes. "Not many people stay unfrozen when I use the World Clock. Well, there will always be those few."

"The World Clock?" Hermione muttered.

"Who are you?" I asked again.

"Yes the World Clock," the girl said, pointing at Hermione, "and my name is Ro and I am the time keeper."

_-0O0-_

...... hi.

Okay, I can't even begin with how sorry I am for the Hiatus, I mean this was updated about *checks calendar* an actual year ago.

I'm not gonna waste your time and brain power on sorrys.

I'm back! I'm not dead! I'm a horrible person who hasn't updated this in a year! Yay!!! *party popper of sadness*

I have some really good ideas for this story now, so hopefully I don't forget to update?? Don't trust me on that I am horrible at remembering things.

I hope you liked this chapter (I did!) and I'm actually gonna try this thing called editing (I mean have you ever heard of it?) because it might make my grade in English better than a B.

I'm also in High School now (yay the pain). It's actually really fun and I'm enjoying it, but I'm taking all honors and AP classes, so I'm actually loaded with work. So updates might be less frequent, but they won't be never!

All right, all y'all who still here are cool. Probably lost all of my readers. Wooo!!!

Okay, bye.

-books_owls_song