Kiba was in love with Hinata, who in turn was in love with Naruto. After the war, Kiba had confessed his love to the Hyuuga Heiress, who had to politely reject him. Soon after, Naruto did the same with her. The timing couldn't have been worse.

Though, Kiba never held it against him; just as Naruto couldn't hate Sasuke. Sakura was happy now.

He looked at Kiba, and then to the other men around the table, who were chatting. Noticing his gaze, they looked at him.

The blonde's eyes flickered to the open bar.

"Want to get drunk?"

This was a mistake.

"DRINK! DRINK! DRINK!" The crowd roared as he and Kiba were in a drinking contest. Naruto took five shots, and beating Kiba, shotgunned a beer.

He belched loudly, half drunk, and the guests erupted into laughter. He giggled, and high fived Kiba.

"You shuck Kiba..!" He slurred, his eyes unfocused. The Kyuubi deep inside the blonde sighed. The damn brat got drunk. Fantastic. I hope he knows that I can't heal intoxication without him going into Bijuu mode...which will cause him to blow up half of this god forsaken village.

Kiba fell over and passed out. Shino, who was observing, sighed and picked him up to bring him home.

Naruto stumbled away, before he set eyes on a certain table on the other side of the room; Tsunade, Sakura, Sasuke and Iruka were there, all chatting amongst themselves, until the old academy teacher spotted the blonde.

He waved enthusiastically at him. "Naruto! Over here! Let's have a chaaa...is he drunk?" Iruka asked, eyes wide.

Sasuke smirked, while Sakura frowned. She felt both angry and guilty; she felt as though she had a part to play in Naruto's current state. She didn't know whether she was mad at him or herself for their earlier chaotic conversation, which she was keeping to herself.

The blonde barely made his way over. He giggled madly. "Heeeey, Iruka-senshei!~" He sang.

"Oh good god, the dobe is drunk..." Sasuke said, palming his face. Tsunade glared at her fellow blonde. That brat thinks he can get drunk, at a wedding, without telling me?

"Y'know, Kiba really sucks at drinking. I'm not even drunk ye-WHOA!" He yelled. Lee, now completely hammered, had fallen back out of his chair from a single sip of sake, causing Naruto to trip over the intoxicated Green Beast of Konoha.

The Kyuubi vessel fell face-first into Tsunade's still wide-open cleavage. Everyone at the table gawked at the two blondes.

"Sho shoft..." Naruto muttered, not realizing how much trouble he was in. Tsunade gently put her glass down, and cracked her knuckles.

"Oh boy..." Iruka said quietly. Sasuke shielded his eyes.

Sakura felt her eyes well up again. All I can do is cause him pain...look at him...he's drunk, and about to get killed by Tsunade-shishou...

"You damned BRAT!" The Hokage yelled, picking up Naruto by the scruff of his neck and punching him in the face.

He flew across the room, but was caught by Kakashi who observed the whole thing. Naruto was now unconscious, and the copy-nin frowned at him. Naruto...you've handled so much...can you handle this?

After saying his goodbyes, he left, carrying Naruto on his back.

Sakura watched her two teammates leave.

Naruto cracked his eyes open, and immediately regretted the decision. He felt as though his eyes were on fire, and someone was smashing a brick into his skull. He noticed he was donned only in a pair of boxers and a t-shirt.

He sat up, groaning in pain. Fucking hangovers...what happened?

He looked around, and noted he was in Kakashi's apartment. What the hell am I doing here?

He looked to the side table and saw two notes, a glass of water, and some aspirin. He took the pills and downed the water, sighing in relief of his quenched thirst, then read the first note.

Naruto,

There's food in the fridge. Tsunade-sama said you have a week off. Try to...not wallow in your own misery, kay? :)

-Kakashi, your wonderful teacher

It was then yesterday came back to him. Sasuke and Sakura-chan's wedding...I got drunk. Fuck!

He sighed and picked up the other note, freezing when he recognized the hand writing. He remembered his and his pink-haired love's conversation yesterday, and bracing himself for the pain, opened the letter.

Naruto...

I'm sorry. For everything.

That night we shared...it did mean something to me. I don't want you to think I just used you...after...what happened during it, I felt guilty. So guilty, it consumed me.

But now I'm married to Sasuke-kun...and we love each other. Our honeymoon is tommorow.

Perhaps when I return...we can talk about everything, and finally get some closure for us.

I don't think we can remain friends, though.

Once again, I'm sorry for all the pain I've caused you. I hope you can forgive me.

-Sakura

Tears fell from his eyes, splattering the page. I don't think we can remain friends...are you joking?

He wasn't ready for Sakura to leave his life. Not yet. He needed her to become Hokage, just as he needed all of his precious people. Even if not as a lover, he still wanted her friendship. I fucked up. Big time.

Naruto clenched his fists, crumpling the note. "God damnit..." He muttered, his resolve and his dreams shattering.

He couldn't help the cry of anguish that escaped his lips as his buried and forgotten emotions washed over him.

She was gone. Out of his grasp forever. She was Sasuke's now. They're probably off fucking in some fancy hotel...

He slammed his face into the pillow and screamed, letting out all of his emotions.

She was never his. Always Sasuke's, forever Sasuke's. Even after all the shit he pulls, she still loves him...and I'm just forgotten like a used toy.

He sat there, crying for what seemed like hours. His mask had fallen; he allowed himself to be selfish for once in his life and just think of him, and only him.

Naruto thought of her and everything he loved about her. It made him feel even worse. Her short, shoulder-length pink hair; her critical, yet gentle viridian eyes. Her body was nothing short of amazing.

Her personality was his favorite feature; determined, passionate and hot-headed, though still maintaining caution.

He tilted his head out of his pillow, gasping for air. His eyes were numb, and he sniffed loudly, muttering curse words under his breath.

Naruto already felt exhausted mentally. He closed his eyes, trying to will away the pain. His sage training helped when he needed to focus on something.

Right now he was focusing on not going insane from the mixture of jealousy, sadness and heartbreak welling up in his gut.

A few short minutes later, he fell into a dream filled sleep; images of Sakura yelling at him, going on dates with her, laughing together, training together and being with eachother clouded his mind.

Kurama frowned, and realized one thing. He needs to get over her.