"But he's going to be fine right? When do you think he'll wake up?" I ask with pleading eyes

"It's hard to say. Maybe a couple of days, maybe a month. All we can do now is wait" She looks at me with a sad smile. The woman walks away, heading to the door.

"How did you heal us?" I ask, standing from where I was.

"I'm a magician. I specialize in healing magic" She explains, smiling.

"Thank you so much. I don't know how I'm going to pay you for what you did for us" I bow deeply to her.

"Oh dear, you don't have to do that. Come, you need to eat something"

.

.

.

Later that day I got to met Hino. He told me about how he found Hakuyuu and I, and how he brought us to his home. At the beginning, they used to live in the city, He worked in the Market and Aiko worked as a healer, but when the empire started to use magicians for political purposes they move away. Now he was a farmer, and they lived from the fruit, vegetables and other goods that he regularly sold at the market.

Aiko had insisted on my remaining in bed. I did as she told me, but only for a couple of days. I was feeling much better and I need to repay them for their help, so I started helping her around the house. Hino told me he had head the news about the young prince. Hakuryuu had some deep scars now, but he was fine.

Two weeks went by and Hakuyuu hadn't still woke up.

The house was small, so I was still sleeping in the same bedroom. I helped the magician change his bandages and check his words. One morning, I finally asked Aiko for some scissors and I cut his hair shorter.

.

.

.

Today it's been more than three weeks since the fire. I'm at outside the house, helping Hino when I hear Aiko calling my name. I just assume the worst, so I run back into the house. I look around to find her standing by the door of our room, smiling. I stand still for a moment, only to start walking slowly to the door. When I look inside, I see Hakuyuu sitting on his futon. His face is hidden in his hands.

"Can you give us a moment please?" I ask Aiko, who nods and walks away. I go into the room, closing the door behind me.

"Hakuyuu?"

He lifts his head to face me. He looks confused and lost.

"Nerea? Where are we? Why that woman was calling for someone name Umi?" His voice sounds deeper and raspy than usual.

I walk towards him and I cannot hold the desire to hug him. I wrap my arms around his body. "I thought you weren't going to wake up" I do my best not to sob against him. I notice how his body tenses up, but he doesn't push me away. He rubs one hand against my back. "Nerea please talk to me"

I pull away, gazing back at him. How do I explain all this? How much does he remember?

"A lovely couple found us... And brought us to their home. I wasn't sure about telling them our real names so I said mine was Umi, and yours was Hikaru... How much do you remember?"

"I- I'm not sure... " He runs his hand through his hair, and I see the confusion on his face once more.

"I had to cut it. Most of it was burned and uneven... Hakuyuu, do you remember the fire?" I ask him as calmly as possible, resting my hand on his.

"The fire?" The look on his face goes from confusion to horror in seconds "Wait! My father! Ren! Hakuryuu are they....?"

"Hakuryuu it's alive. You blood saved him." I point at the wound on his stomach "But Ren and your father..." I look down, trying to hold back the tears. I had time to cry for my friend while Hakuyuu was unconscious. Now I must be strong for him. I can't keep crying.

"It was my mother! She did it! It was her and those people she has with her!" He is so angry that he tries to stand up, but falls back on the mattress, holding his side, wincing.

"Hakuyuu! Please, don't move! You have been unconscious for almost four weeks!" I push him down, trying to force him to stay still.

"Four weeks!?"

"Yes. Aiko is a magician. She heals us as much as she could, but your burns and wound were to deep. You'll have some scars, and if you keep moving like this you can open that one again!"

"Ok, ok. I won't go anywhere." Hakuryuu stops struggling and lays back down.

"Thank you" I sigh, taking my hands away.

"Nerea, did you save me? How?"

"I-I went into the fire. I saw Hakuryuu going out. He told me about you and.... And I told him to run. When I found you, you were the only one alive. I dragged you out using a tunnel I had read about in some scroll. I told Ren about it, but he was so busy... And you... I should have told you and maybe you could have escaped sooner" Contrary to what I had thought before, I can't hold the tears anymore, the guilt is too much. I bend over, hiding my face against the mattress, and I cry inconsolably.

Suddenly I feel a hand stroking my hair. I look up to see Hakuyuu tenderly looking at me.

"It wasn't your fault. You couldn't have known. None of us could. She's my mother after all... And you save me. Thank you Nerea"

I sit back up, cleaning the tears from my face.

"Do you want some water?" I offer him.

"Yes. Thank you" He nods and looks away.

"I'll be right back" I stand from the futon and walk back to the door. I gaze back at him, before leaving the room. Hakuyuu is looking at the ceiling, not moving a muscle. He looks as serene as ever, but I know that inside, his heart is breaking into a thousand pieces.

What are we going to do now?

------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Another chapter with so many feels. I promise not all of them are going to be like this, I have happy stuff planned for future chapters, but well, this is a special moment in the plot.

Thank you so much for giving this story a chance! all comments/votes are welcome.