CHAPTER 11 | THE DEAD MEN

And never could I have known the taste of heaven, had I not swallowed pieces of hell, first

Wren's heart dropped. "Treason?" She whispered.

Jon's troubled face looked grim, his dark eyes pools of black as he bitterly said, "they say he conspired with Robert's brothers to deny the throne to Prince Joffrey."

Wren seethed with anger as she found herself by Jon's side. She had never felt such an anger before, it made her want to combust into flames yet the icy winds that blew through her hair kept her from doing so. "You sisters were in King's Landing," Wren said as she thought of the man who raised her and his family. "What are you going to do?" She asked.

"Nothing," Jon shook his head as he began walking toward the kitchens. Wren followed behind him in fury.

"Nothing," Wren repeated, "you're going to sit around and do nothing while your family sits on an execution block?"

Jon gripped her by the arm, pulling her between two large piles of wood where shadows lurked and concealed them. He glared at her while saying, "you think I don't want to do anything? I would love to go and save them, but I made a vow," Wren opened her mouth, "we made a vow to protect the realm, we have no family anymore, we are soldiers and nothing more."

Wren frowned at Jon. Her hazel eyes fell down to his lips, where images of the night she pushed him away flickered through her mind as if she was watching scenes from a play. Her heart clenched in pain. "I never want to speak to you again," she said in a shaky voice, "I never wish to hold your hand, kiss you, or feel your skin against mine in any way. I am not a puppet you can go to when you're feeling lonely, I am a human with feelings, and you've just ripped my heart out from my chest. I hope you're happy, Jon Snow."

She looked at Jon before her now, a wall of ice surrounding what was left of her heart. Deep down, she knew Jon had stolen some of her from herself and he still hadn't given it back.

Jon's lips parted, as though he was about to say something, his own obsidian eyes moving to her lips. Wren cut him off before he could say anything that would heighten her walls, "tell me if you hear anything else about Ned." With that, she walked into the kitchens to find Sam. She was unfortunately placed on kitchen duty with Sam and Jon.

She threw on an apron that had stains on it from most likely a thousand years ago and got to work. As they began to do so, Wren heard the clunking of boots against the wooden floor. See Alliser smirked at then snidely, remarking, "Now there's a rare sight. Not only a bastard, but a traitor's bastard."