*IX* - 14:00 pm

I went to sleep at 4:00 am and woke up maybe an hour or so early; all because of a dream I had. It's nothing unusual, same old type of dream, nothing good and bit of gore.

The dream involved three people; me, my mother and a random baby - a baby I've never seen before. My mam was simply cooking and when I came into the kitchen, she looked me dead in the eye I said 'don't let the baby crawl into the bucket'.

Naturally, I was confused, there wasn't any babies around, the only relative that could be counted as a baby was my cousin's baby, yet again the last time we saw her was months ago. I remember asking her what bucket, and more importantly what baby. All she mumbled was words of disappointment as she gazed down towards a steal bucket.

I saw her mouth turn into one of her frowns and her 'tsk-ing' in the dream, whispering too late before shrugging and continuing to cut up what looks like a piece of red meat. Once I looked down, the bucket was filled with a vermillion liquid. And within that liquid held chopped of hands and fingers, strands of meat hanging off them, ripped of flesh and rotten bones sticking out at what seemed like every edge.

The baby, what looked like a new born girl, was crying, no tears fell though, just screams as fingers, bleeding scarlet, tangled themselves on her faded pink dress, hands wrapping around her pale limbs as the bones pierced the skin of the newborn.

She continued to scream, the fingers so ripping out hair strands as little bits of blood seeped through her weak skull.

All my mam did was cut up the horrible piece of meat, she was disappointed, that much I could tell.

And soon, the newborn started to choke on the liquid, attempted screams tried to exit the flooding throat.

And then the dream ends, my man smirking, mumbling some stuff, the baby choking on blood as the hands and fingers choked it and pierced the skin.

And all I could do was watch.
- Dan
Wednesday 27th December 2017