2

Spoiler Alert! This book has major spoilers to the Pacifist and Genocide routes. Either play the game or watch someone play it.

Again, you have been warned.

Also, I'm sorry if the puns don't make sense. I'm no good at making them.

Sans's POV

"SANS!" I turn around to see a breathless Papyrus running up to me, Frisk giggling on his shoulders. "WHAT... HAVE I... TOLD YOU ABOUT... TELEPORTING IN RACES!"

"I dunno, bro. What have you told me about teleporting in races?" I say.

"NOT TO DO IT!" He screams.

"Hmmm. Let me just jog my memory for a sec."

"SANS?!"

"Starting point is my sentry station... get to Snowdin Town first... no, I don't think you said anything about running. Maybe if you had just-"

"SANS, DON'T YOU DARE!"

"-run me down with the rules, I wouldn't have teleported."

"OH MY GOD!" Papyrus stamps the ground with his foot. This motion catches Frisk completely off guard, and she gets thrown off his back. Thankfully, before she hits the ground, the I catches her with my magic and set her down gently.

"Maybe you should stop making puns." She remarks.

"Hey. I can't do that. You know I find them punny."

"Well Papyrus finds them punbearable." I ruffle her hair.

"I've taught you well, kid."

My phone rings. It's Toriel. I decide not to tell her about the Papyrus incident. "Hey Tori. Wassup?"

Toriel's voice sounds panicked through the receiver. "Sans. I need you to come to the Ruins now. To where the humans fall down. Please don't bring Frisk," she chokes out.

"Tori, wha-"

"Please, Sans." The call ends abruptly.

"Hey Paps! I got to go. Can you take the kid home?"

"WHERE ARE YOU GOING, BROTHER?"

"I'll tell you later," I say, not meeting his eyes. I turn on the heel of the worn pink slippers I wear, and trudge toward the Ruins. What could be so bad, that it has the Queen of Monsters panicked? This question batters my brain for he rest of the way. When I arrive at the huge door, I shut my eye sockets, feeling a wave of magic inside me. There's a tugging sensation, and I'm in the very first corridor to the Underground. Up ahead, I see Toriel kneeling over something. I can really tell from here, but I think she's shaking. I walk up to her. There is an odd secret in the air, one that I can't place but sends chills up my spine. I can't really tell what this thing is, even as I'm standing over it.

"Sans. What h-happened to them?" Toriel whispers.

Them? I look closer and realisation hits me like a ton of brick. Because I know what it is.   Charred beyond recognition, it's extremities melted together. This scent in the air is of roasted meat.

This is a human.