'Women In White'

Začít od začátku

"And where is that again?" Sam asks.

Joseph stops. Glaring at them. "What, I gotta go through this twice?"

Wanda steps in, not wanting the situation to go out of hand. "We are sorry but we have to check everything. We won't bother you again after this, we promise."

Joseph does a once over on her resulting in Sam getting in front of her. They continue walking and Wanda looks around. "In a plot. Behind my old place over on Breckenridge."

Wanda writes it down as Sam talks. "And why did you move?"

"I'm not gonna live in the house where my children died."

Sam and Wanda stop walking. Joseph stops too. "Mr. Welch, did you ever marry again after she passed away?" Wanda asks quietly.

Joseph scoffs. "No way. Constance, she was the love of my life. Prettiest woman I ever known."

"So you had a happy marriage?" Sam asks, but already knowing that they didn't.

Joseph hesitates. "Definitely."

"Well, that should do it. Thanks for your time." Sam and Wanda turn toward the Impala. Joseph walks away. Sam waits a moment, then looks back up at Joseph. Wanda stopping when she reaches the passenger door. "Mr. Welch, did you ever heard of a woman in white?"

Joseph turns around. "A what?"

"A woman in white. Or sometimes weeping woman?" Joseph just looks. "It's a ghost story. Well, it's more of a phenomenon, really." Sam starts back toward Joseph. "Um, they're spirits. They've been sighted for hundreds of years, dozens of places, in Hawaii, Mexico, lately in Arizona, Indiana. All these are different women."

Sam stops in front of Joseph. "You understand. But all share the same story."

"Boy, I don't care much for nonsense." Joseph walks away. Sam follows. Wanda just hops into the car, knowing what was going to happen.

"See, when they were alive, their husbands were unfaithful to them." Joseph stops. "And these women, basically suffering from temporary insanity, murdered their children." Joseph turns around. "Then once they realized what they had done, they took their own lives. So now their spirits are cursed, walking back roads, waterways. And if they find an unfaithful man, they kill him. And that man is never seen again."

"You think...you think that has something to do with...Constance? You smartass!"

Sam shrugs. "You tell me."

"I mean, maybe... maybe I made some mistakes. But no matter what I did, Constance, she never would have killed her own children. Now, you get the hell out of here! And you don't come back!" Joseph's face shakes, whether from anger or grief it's impossible to tell. After a long moment, he turns away. Sam sighs, he walks back to the car and hops in. Before he turns on the car, Wanda speaks up.

"Thank you, I never liked men like him."

Sam looks to her, smiling as he turns the car on. "What? Unfaithful?"

Wanda chuckles. "Yes, Men who think it's ok to sleep with women when they are already married or stare creepily at women is not okay in my book."