Chapter 2: Try-outs

Start from the beginning

Too good to deny it

Ain't no big deal, it's innocent.

I kissed a girl and I liked it

The taste of her cherry chap stick

I kissed a girl just to try it

I hope my boyfriend don't mind it

It felt so wrong, it felt so right

Don't mean I'm in love tonight

I kissed a girl and I liked it

I liked it

I finish singing and Marley claps loudly. She was smiling from ear to ear.

"You are an incredible singer, oh my gosh!" She squeals. "You're going to kill this audition."

I jump up and down with excitement and hug her. We then walk down the hall to the auditorium.

We walked into the auditorium and I was amazed at how big it was. Marley sits down in a seat next to a guy wearing a leather jacket with a t-shirt underneath and jeans. I sit next to Marley.

"Are these the Glee Club members?" I ask, gesturing to the people we were sitting with. Marley nods. 

"This is my boyfriend, Jake." Marley says, gesturing to the boy she was sitting next to. I smile and wave at Jake. He waves back.

At this point, everyone in the Glee Club looks at me. 

"These people are Blaine, Sam, Brittney, Tina, Ryder, Artie, Kitty, and Unique." Marley explains, pointing at each Glee Club member. 

I smile at them and wave. They all smile and wave back. 

Before I can introduce myself, the teacher calls my name for my audition. I look at Marley, nervously.

Marley looks at me and takes my hand. "You've got this."

I smile at her and let go of her hand. I walk onto the stage and take a deep breath. 

"Hi, I'm Mr. Shuester, but you can call me Mr. Shue." The teacher says with a smile. "What is your name?"

"My name is Beth Fabray." The whole auditorium goes silent. I see the Glee Club members look at each other in shock. Mr. Shue looked at me in surprise. I was confused and didn't know why everyone was so shocked by my name. 

After a few seconds, Mr. Shue says, "Umm... okay, Beth. What are you going to sing?" 

"I Kissed a Girl by Katy Perry." I say.

"Okay, whenever you're ready." Mr. Shue says, still in shock.

As I'm singing, I can see that everyone is loving my performance. I smile as I sing, looking at Marley for more comfort. 

I finish the song strong. Everyone claps and stands for me. I smile and bow, then walk off the stage. 

All of the Glee Club members walk me to the back of the auditorium. I look at them with a confused look on my face.

"Beth... are you adopted?" Marley asks me.

"Umm... yeah. I don't know who my birth parents are, though." I explain. "Wait, how did you know I was adopted?"

"Your mom and dad were legends in the Glee Club." Tina says, smiling.

My eyes widen. "Wait, really? My parents went to school here? And they were in Glee?"

Brittney adds, "Your mom was also a cheerleader on the Cheerios."

"The only thing I know is that she had me at sixteen and wanted to give me away and that's how I ended up with the mom I have now." I tell them. "I don't even know my birth mom's name... but my mom never changed my last name, just so I could have my birth mom's last name." A tear rolls down my cheek. "What are their names? Do you know where they are? I want to find them."

"Her name is Quinn Fabray." Brittney says. "We don't know where she is, but, sometimes, her and the original members of the New Directions come to visit the Glee Club. Maybe she'll come while you're here."

"I can't wait that long. I need to meet her." I say as another tear falls down my cheek.

"Oh, um... Beth. About your dad... he's my brother." Jake adds.

My eyes widen again. "Wait. Where is he?"

Jake sighs. "He's in California. He has a pool cleaning business."

"I just want to meet them... that's all I want." I burst into 

All of the Glee Club members surround me and hug me. I'm so glad to have new friends who are here for me.