Chapter 47: If only.

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Excuse me!? Who are you to tell that to me?"

Uhm... Your husband? "Concerned citizen?"

"Oh, shut up."

"Kayo ba?"

"Pake mo."

"I'm sorry."

"It's fine. Just stop nagging me." she rolled her eyes and started walking towards the exit of the mall.

But, that wasn't I meant. "Gi." I reached for her hand.

She sighed. "What?"

"I'm sorry." I repeated. "I really am. If only I have been more honest, maybe we're still together. If only I didn't ran after you causing you to runaway from me, we would still have our child. If only I realized earlier how I love you, I would marry you because of it. If only I didn't accept the deal, it wouldn't look like I just used you. If only--"

"Stop it." she told me. Then, she gently pulled her hand. "Don't think that because I've been so casual to you, I have forgiven you. You know what? If only I met Sam before I agreed to that effing contract, I would fall for him. If only I didn't lose our baby and found out about you and Gwen, I wouldn't hate you. If only I could turn back time, I will never fall in love with you."

I stared at her expressionless face. Tapos, napapikit nalang ako. That's what I was scared to see. Her eyes looking at me without love.

I opened my eyes and realized that she was staring at me. "What?"

Lumingon muna sya sa parating na kotse bago nagsalita. "You're still like a family, though. Don't be a stranger. Bye."

She headed to the car as Sam step out of it so he could open the door for her. But before entering the car, Sam said something to Gianna that made her laugh and hug him tight.

If only she met Sam before signing the contract, huh? Looks like they're together now, though.

**

I took off my coat then threw it at the laundry basket then pressed the voice message of my phone. Patay sindi kasi. Meaning, may tumawag kanina.