Epilogue I: Gold Rose

Start from the beginning

I could smell Alec's comforting cologne beside me that calmed down my senses and finally turned my head to look at him.

He had the most astonished expression on his face as he stared at me.

Finally he snapped out of the trance and sat up abruptly yet for my eyes it seemed like slow motion.

"You're awake." He said and I couldn't help but notice how husky and vibrant his voice sounded. I never paid attention to the close details or maybe it was apart of vampirism.

Wait!

I was finally a vampire.

I will finally get an eternity with the love of my life!

"How can you be awake now? It's been only 6 hours." Alec said and I frowned.

But I was lost in his eyes. The eyes that looked like the sky before it rains. The dark sky that always soothed me down.

I lifted my hand and placed on his cheek to see how it would feel.

It was like a zap of electricity along with warm tenderness that I felt as I drew in a sharp gasp.

Instantly a voice within my heart screamed soulmate.

That I already knew but the sensations I was feeling just by touching him were something I never experienced as the hybrid and human.

He slowly branded his arms around my waist and brought me closer to him.

He scanned my face, "Do you feel any pain? Did you feel anything while you were sleeping?" He asked as he stroked my cheek so softly as if it was a feather.

"No, it felt so soothing. I met my mom for the last time and she talked with me and told me that I did the right thing by choosing you and she also told how you were perfect for me and how I would never get someone who loves me as much as you do." I said as I remembered the conversation I had.

He softly kissed my forehead, my eyes, my nose, my cheek and finally came to rest on my lips.

"You've no idea how happy you make me littleone. Never in whole existence did I imagine someone who could make me feel alive. I was living like a corpse, my heart was dead and my soul, black. But then you came along like a fresh breath and gave a reason for my heart to beat again, you filled my soul with happiness and extinguished the blackness I had and I will forever love you, not because destiny chose you to be my mate but because my heart decided to love you and it's always going to be you." He said and by the time he finished I was smiling so broadly that my lis actually hurt.

I kissed him tenderly on his plump lips and after that everything became like a haze around me. All I could focus on was him. I pushed him back on the bed and kissed him feverishly.

I pulled back my hair and continued to kiss him because now I did did not feel the compulsion to breath but only the urge of it because of my habit.

"You need to feed, Elisa" He said as he pulled back.

At the sound of that word I felt pain in my mouth. It was as if the razors were cutting my upper and lower canines.

I cried out in pain as Alec pulled both of us in standing position.

My throat felt as if it was grated with sandpaper and my stomach convulsed in pain.

"Shit! I'm so sorry Elisa. I totally forgot." Alec said with a regret in his voice.

Before he could stop me, I went outside and heard his scream.

"ELISA NO! The sun will--"

He stopped whatever he was saying when he saw standing in the sunlight and then his eyes finally went to my left hand.