86. I'll give you war.

Alec's POV

"Stay back. You shouldn't have come here." I said as I backed Elisa away from both of them while keeping my eyes on my target.

"Don't you dare back me off, I told you we were in this together but did you tell me that you're here to kill him? No! You sealed up our bond and... ugh! Just wait until this is over. I'm gonna give you hell after killing him. I'm so so angry at you." Elisa hissed.

I found my lips stretching in a smile, "I have various ways to vent out your anger. For now, please stay behind. I can't concentrate without knowing that you're safe." I pleaded her.

"You do know that I'm the most stubborn between the two of us. Make me stay behind." Saying that she went forward before I could catch her and made her way towards that girl.

"Don't kill her Elisa. Because she's mine." My gaze went from Gilfred's lying form to Adam.

What in hell is he doing here now?

"Adam I know that she's your mate and that you love her but--"

"She's mine Elisa, only mine to kill. I feel nothing but hatred for her. Now please let me do it in my own way." Adam said as he slowly made his way towards that girl.

I picked up Gilfred and banged his head against the stone, "Are you having fun? Because I, for sure am enjoying this so much." I said as my fangs elongated.

"I will get you for this Alec!" Gilfred yelled. He threw me off with his one arm and vanished out of sight. There was still a line of stench that was left behind. Before Elisa could stop me I followed that smell and ran away from here.

Adam's P.O.V

"How is it that you came back from the dead?" I asked her in calm but steel hard voice.

"I told you that you can't kill me Adam." She said in a neutral voice.

"Well then, I'll just have to keep you contained. Good for me, I'll have a subject to torture for such a long time." I said and I heard Elisa gasp beside me.

"Adam what are you saying?" She said beside me but my mate's neutral expression never changed.

"I do not hate you Adam but I'd sure as hell find a way to kill you if you do anything  like that." My mate said and I let out a dry laugh.

"You can't kill a bona fide vampire." I said smirking at her. She looked so pathetic.

"Then I'll kill your weakness." She said and for the first time I saw the evil gleam in her eyes.

"I don't have any weakness." I said as I slowly made my way towards her.

"Maybe not now but one day you will." She said as she took a step back.

Finally! I saw the flicker of fear in her eyes as she took another step back.

"Not now, not ever. I will never have any weakness." I said. Just as she was about to run, I caught her by fisting my hand in her wavy short curls.

She screamed, "Yes! Scream more. I want to hear them. There is no greater pain than the pain of betrayal that comes from the person you love. Correction, from the person you once loved." I said as took hold of her neck.

"You're going to regret this one day Adam! Mark my words, I'll kill anyone you love." Before she could say anything more I snapped her neck.

"Adam what has happened to you? What have you turned into? Because you're not the Adam that I know." Elisa said beside.

My gaze turned soft, "My love has turned into hate Elisa. That's what I've turned into: hatred. And I don't think I will be able to love again. But I'm fine, I'll be fine." I said.