Mama Matchmaker

Jeon Jungkook was pissed off.

He was about to enter the mall. Late announcement that their closest neighborhood friend's daughter was turning 8 the next day and the fact they haven't had any gift yet to the toddler (so his family asked him to buy one) was what infuriates him. He didn't even know what the girl likes, heck, he hasn't even remember what she looked like. He just marched towards the supermarket determined to finish this errand at an earlier time for he had other plans for the night when his phone beeped. He fished for it inside his coat pocket and read what's in the message.

It came from an unknown number.

From: 0172xxxxxxxx

Hi! I don't usually do this. No... actually i never do hahaha... but i just met your wonderful mother and she gave me your number. 😁

At first glance his eyebrows knitted, but after rereading and digesting the text, his fury immediately rose to the next level.

To: 0172xxxxxxxx

Omg she's crazy. I'm so sorry!

In less than a minute he received a reply.

From: 0172xxxxxxxx

Lol i would've said the EXACT thing. My dad tries to do the same thing to me tho hahaha. But i'm actually quite intrigued by it...

To: 0172xxxxxxxx

Wait a sec.

Jungkook exited the message then scrolled through his contacts. After he found the name he's looking for, he pressed the call button. Three rings and then it answered.

"MOM! What the heck—"

"Language young man, what is it?" Her mother answered in a very calm tone, completely opposite to his son's agitated voice.

"Mom, you don't get to give my number to... to some strangers I clearly don't have any association with!?" He exclaimed all while strolling at the market for a possible gift.

"What are you talking about?" She talked sounding nonchalant.

"Don't play it cool mom, we know for a fact you're bad at acting even through your voice it manifests. That person - whoever the hell is - just started texting me! Great game you have, you literally sold your son to somebody that I don't used to know." He blabbered. His eyes caught a cute artful tumblr nearby and decided to go with it. He paid for it and requested to wrap it presentably enough to make a child bounce in her seat when she sees it.

"Oh that? I hope you two talk well. I'm a bit busy here. Call you later honey!" She sounded somewhat chuckling before she ended the call.

"Wait— toot toot toot"

"Urgh." He crumpled his already messed hair, something he habitually do out of frustration. He swore his mom will be the death of him. He went back to the stranger he's texting to.

To: 0172xxxxxxxx

I had a talk with mom. Sorry you must've been weirded out hehe. Sometimes she could be impulsive and tactless. Gtg. I really hope you had a great day today. 🙂

Sent. He expected that would be the end of the conversation, but his phone screen lit up again telling him it wasn't. The stranger seemed persistent.

From: 0172xxxxxxxx

Would u mind if perhaps may I know where you are rn?