CHAPTER FIVE

WHY........

Sammy was pacing the floor.He wasnt that scared puppy out the door rushing in, now he was a warrior mad at how the society never treated anyone fair.

"Its going to be okay Sam, you will see her again." He stopped for a second, I guess to think about what I said.He just stood there his eyes were red and still watery but not a tear fell down his face.He was being so brave, this was Samantha,his twin sister.She had the same curly hair but hers was always in a messy braid, while Sammy's was always in the usual afro. Her skin was closer to mine though like we were probably the color of sand on the beach, and Sammy's was a cinnamon color that shined.Her eyes were hazel.Samantha and I looked more like sisters, minus the fact that my hair is permed always so I dont know my texture of hair without it, then her and Sammy.

Still he should be on his knees rocking back and forth asking why and screamijg and tears soaking his cheeks.But he was cool, which made me feel even worse.I walked over to him and looked him straight and the eyes and said,"You can cry."

And a tear fell from his eye and I hugged him because he was feeling.

"We're going to get her back, I promise.And when I promise it will never be taken back."

He pulled away looking at me squinting his eyes and walking towards the door.

"It will be broken this time Sandy.You cant bring anyone back from the dead.And its okay, you do so much for me already."

"I dont need your help with this one though, I know who did it,"he said nodding his head and his eye was twitching, " and I'm going to kick his ass."

Sammy walked out the door and for a second it felt like a dumb blond cheerleader possessed my brain because I couldn't think guess who 'him' was. Then I thought back to what I said to yesterday " I will believe when someone is pale at the school." This is all my fault, wait, no, wait. I'm buddy buddy with a KILLER.Damion is a killer? What?

I ran, like a shark was able to walk on land and wanted to eat me, toward Damion's house.This wasnt going to be good at all, but why do Sammy think he killed his sister.That cant possibly be logical, I left Damion home on his bed.But then again, he had been acting strange ever since his little family gathering.I should have trusted my first instinct of not telling Damion, maybe when the Hokbins come after me for knowing them they would spook some since into that slick haired boy.Now I'm in the middle of the road running after Sammy so he wont start choking him.

"SAMMY STOP!" I yelled after him since with every pace to the ground we were getting closer and closer to Damion's house.