Chapter 9

Demi's POV

"Are you sure, I can take him with me."

"Babe, just go I'll watch Ricky. It'll be okay."

"I know, I know. It's not that I don't trust you it's just-"

"I get it. It's a Mother instinct, but he's going to be okay." I kiss her temple. She sighs in defeat, and picks up her bag. "Don't worry he'll be here as soon as you get home." She smiles lovingly at me and pecks my lips.

"Can we go to the park!!" Ricky yells running up to me."

"Of course, as long as it's okay with your mother." I look at Naya, she leans over and kisses him.

"It's fine. Just, be careful with my baby... Or I'll hurt you." She kisses Ricky, then pecks my lips again. "I'll see you after work, okay?" I nod my head, and Ricky nuzzle his face in my neck.

~

"Ricky you wanna go to the park now?" He shoots his eyes up to mine nodding eagerly. "C'mon my little prince!" I grab our things, and head out to my car. We start to drive and I glance back at Ricky. He crosses his eye, puffing out his cheeks.
"Just as silly as your Mother." I whisper to myself. We pull up to the park and Ricky gets all jumpy.

"Calm down buddy." I pick him up out of the car.

"Lets go to the slide!!!" He screams, wiggling from my grasp. I place him down, he grips my hand pulling me to the slides.

"Hold on!! I can't run like I use to!" I mumble the last part to myself. We get to the slides, and he goes on. He repeats going on the slide and I go to sit on the bench. I sit there for 10 minutes, until I hear a scream.

"DEMI!!!" I shoot up running toward the small figure on the floor.

"Ricky baby, what happened?" He sniffles tears running down his face, while he holds his arm.

"I-it h-hurts!" He cries.

"Let me see it baby." I take his arm and he winces in pain. "C'mon let's go." I pick him up, and he immediately puts his face in my neck. I run his back, walking to the car.

"Where does it hurt?" I ask him placing him in the booster seat. He points to his forearm, I look at it carefully.

"Shit!" I say to myself. I buckle him in and walk over to the driver side. "Naya is going to be so fucking pissed!!" I run my finger through my hair starting the car.

"Ricky baby, your going to be okay." I assure him.

"D-demi i-it h-hurts!" He chokes.

"I know baby, I know. Don't worry!" I drive off from the park.

Naya's POV

"Okay Naya before you get mad, I just want to say it wasn't my fault." I look around for a second.

"Um, Deb I'm gonna go on an early break ok?"

"Okay Demi what happened?!" I ask closing the door behind me.

"I-it's Ricky-"
"Where are you?" I don't even let her finish. I mean this is my baby. I hear her sniffle.
"I'm at the hospital."
"I'm on my way, okay?" I hear a faint okay, and I hang up.

"Deb, I have to go. Family emergency, Ricky's at the hospital!"

"Okay be safe, give him a kiss for me!" Deb was Ricky's Aunt. I get in my car, and drive off to the hospital. As soon I get inside I met by a pair of sad eyes.