That boy named Lennon

My family was moving.

"Oh,Sophie, remember to write!" my friend, Taylor, bawled into my arms.

"Don't worry, I will," I confirm.

"Come on, Sophie! We've got a flight to catch!" my mom shouts at me.

I say my final goodbyes to my town of Friendship, Maine. I'm now headed to a new life in the U.K. We get on the plane and I fall alsleep, trying to forget my troubles.

*Later*

We're driving in the car to our new house in Liverpool. Wer live on a street called Menlove. Strange, right? I jump out of the car, anxious to stretch my legs. Our house is an old-fashioned Victorian home. As I start to walk up to the house, I see a boy leaning on the hedges in the neighboring yard.

"Hullo there," he says to me.

" Um, hi. Neighbor," I say, unsure of what else to say.

"Howdy, pardner!" the boy randomly shouts out.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" I ask.

"You aren't from America?" he asks, confused.

"Well, yeah, I am, but people don't say 'Howdy"!"

"They do in the westerns," the boy mumbled, pouting.

He regains his cocky posture. "Names John Lennon, but you can call me amazin'"

I look him up and down, deciding if he's worth my time. "My names Sophie, but you can call me I'm-so-much-better-than-John-Lennon!"

The boy starts to laugh. 

"What?!?" I say, confused, because I just burned him.

"Yer funny! I like you, you little rebel!"

That makes me laugh. "Ha! I'm hardly a 'little rebel'! People haved called me a goody-goody!"

"Tha's not true," he says, getting quite serious.

Then I hear a woman call 'John Winston Lennon! Get in here right now!'. John grins at me sheepishly.

"Gotta go. Mimi's callin'. See ya around, Ms. I'm-so-much-better-than-John-Lennon!" he says, then runs into his house.

I smile, hoping I'll see this mysterious John figure later on. But right now I need to get unpacked.

***************************************************************************************************

A.N.  Yay! My first Lennon fiction! I'm so proud of myself! All I need is one for Geo, poor baby! Well, tell me what you think please!!