John (Chapter 10)

(One hour before…)

“Where is Zoey?”  I asked, getting a little impatient.  We had been there for at least twenty minutes and had gotten nowhere.

Monica seemed to be shocked, while Anthony looked furious.  I mean, if he had a gun on him, I was pretty sure he would kill us all and not think twice about it.

"Sir,” Dad said, “it’s for Zoey’s own safety that you tell us where she is.  They could attack her any minute.”

Anthony still looked like he had no intention of saying where Zoey was.  I was about to go up to him and throttle his neck, when Monica spoke up.  “She went to the movie theaters with her boyfriend Brad. She was wearing jeans and I red blouse I think.”  Anthony glared at his wife.

“Fine,” Anthony said after about a minute.  “But you tell her when you find her that she can’t come back here again.”

“Anthony!”  Monica exclaimed.

“That was the agreement we had with Carson, Monica.  If he made any form of contact, she would have to leave.  We have our own son now, and I don’t want him knowing about any of this… this madness!”

We could have stayed there and watched them tear each other to shreds, but we had a job to do.  I really hopped they worked out the problem though because if we couldn’t, Heaven forbid, find Carson and Daniel, Zoey wouldn’t have any other place to go than back to Monica and Anthony.

"Thank you very much.  You both have been very helpful.  We will keep you updated on what happens in the case,” I said as I got up.

“I’d prefer you didn’t.”  Anthony said, not even looking at us.

“Please do.”  Monica said, still glaring at Anthony.

“Yeah, we’ll be going now… thanks again for your help.”

As we walked out the door, I heard the Smith’s start yelling at each other.  “Glad I’m not in there anymore,” Chris said.

“I know, right?  At least now we know where to find Zoey,” I said.

“Come on you two, “Dad said as he got in the car.  “We don’t have any time to lose.”

                                                  ...

The car ride to the movies wasn’t that long, but it felt like an eternity.  I mean, who knew what was happening to Zoey as we drove.  She could be eating popcorn, watching a movie peacefully like as normal teenager, or she could be being attacked by terrorists like the child of a C.I.A. agent would be.

We parked in the back of the theater, by an ally.  It was pretty dark, besides one street lamp.

“So are we going to explain everything to this boyfriend or…”  Chris started to say as we got out of the car, but he was cut off by gunfire.

......................................................................

Hopefully easy to follow? Comment and vote! :)

~Emily~