Chapter Twenty-Seven

Start from the beginning

"Have a seat." I led her to the chair that Mikey wasn't sitting on and opened her bag on the table. "My god, you have a lot of makeup." Frank walked up behind me.

"Wow."

"Uh huh," I said absently, grabbing a foundation brush and her foundation. "Let's go."

"Wait!" Ray yelled. "Let me video!" He grabbed his phone and began videoing. "Okay, now start."

"Kay, Ray."

"Stop talking, child. You're moving too much." I began applying her foundation smoothly, then going onto concealer and primer before stopping. "What would annoy your father most?" I wondered aloud, shuffling through the various pallets of makeup in front of me.

Kenny laughed. "I don't know, man, but Bren wasn't too happy when you said you wanted to do her makeup, so I think anything you do would annoy him. But seriously, I want to see him as annoyed as you can make him."

"Maybe I should do your makeup, then," I said, turning to him.

"No way."

Frank lit up. "Can we do everyone in drag?"

"Last show, maybe?" I mused as I began brushing a deep red across Amanda's eyelids. "I want to see you in drag, Mikey."

"That would be amazing!" Amanda said, moving as little as she could.

"Stop moving, A! Seriously!"

"I'm sorry," she said, and didn't speak for a little while.

"How about that?" I finished her makeup with a flourish and stepped back to admire my work. I had painted her eyelids black and red and contoured her cheeks and nose to look almost skeletal, finishing off with a black lip and a design across the side of her forehead and down her cheek.

"Damn," she said, looking in the mirror. "That's awesome."

"Thanks. I would have done more, but you kinda need to go perform in twenty minutes, so I thought this would be sufficient."

"It's definitely more than sufficient. But I can't let Brendon see yet....Kenny, could you go grab my bag and bring it here? I wanna surprise Bren."

"Fine," he sighed, and walked out the door.

"Hurry up, Kenneth!"

"Okay, okay."

He returned quickly with her black duffel bag and Amanda quickly pulled it into the bathroom with her, and hastily changed. She re-appeared in a long-sleeved black skeleton patterned crop top and black leather skinny jeans with a red and black flannel tied around her waist.

"How did you do that?" Frank said, astonished, pointing toward her twin dutch braids. She shrugged.

"Practice?"

"Uh-uh," I cut in. "Magic. Don't deny it."

"Sure." She pulled out a pair of heeled combat boots. "I meant to buy spiked ones, but I forgot to." She tied them on and put on a choker.

"Is that Pepe?" Mikey said, looking at it.

"Yup," she said proudly, sliding on a few bracelets. "Bought it with my own money. Let's go." She pulled on the nearest sweatshirt, which happened to be one of Frank's Mickey Mouse zip-ups.

"This is comfy."

"Yeah," he said as she pulled up the hood to cover her makeup.

"I gotta go. Thanks, Gee!"

"No problem, I replied, closing the door behind her and Kenny.

"Good job, Gerard!"

"Aww, thanks Frankie." I pulled him into a hug.