- 10)

Maryse Lightwood néé Trueblood
Chapter 10: Truth out and is Magnus better?
----

Alec's P.O.V:

Mary hurries herself out of her office to run behind Femme. I kind of feel sorry for her. She tried to protect them from harm and now it stabbed her in the back. Still.. warlocks are immortal and she can't protect them from demons forever.

I look around at my family. "Should we go after her," asks Jace, who hugs Clary protectively around her chest. "Definately," I sigh. We walk from our places and run into the livingroom. There stands Femme with her arms crossed before Mary. The children sit on the white couches and look at Mary with hurt in their eyes.

"Is it true Mary? You're Asmodeus' daughter," asks Emily. She was definately hurt by Mary's lies. "And I thought I could trust you.. 20 years ago." "Please Emily, you can still trust me. I love you, I love all of you! You are like my children and I tried to protect you!"

"You lied. That's not protecting us," says Femme, hugging Caitlin closer to her. Emily holds Dion and Roman to her sides. Caitlin still has Clary's writingblock against her chest, a pencil sticked behind her ear. The two other kids look horrified at Mary, like she was the devil.

Clary takes a step forward, out of Jace's grip and shielding Mary from the children. She lowers herself to the eyelevel of the little children. "Mary did not mean to harm you guys. It's quite the opposite. She wanted to protect you all from harm that might come. She didn't want you all to look bad at her for who her father is. Don't you all want that?"

Clary now looks at Femme. "I don't look differently at you now I know that your father was Ygliaas. Why should I? You are still you. Just as Mary, that kind Mary you all know, is still the Mary you always knew."

I glance at Mary, who smiles weakly at Clary. "Thank you, Clarissa. We might have to look for Magnus now though.."

"That's not needed anymore, but still thank you Mary," says a voice from behind us. I turn to the hallway which leads to the front door only to feel an immense wave of relief and happiness through me.

There stands Magnus, my Magnus, healthy and well with the perfect amount of glitter in his spiky hair and, how he calls it, fabulous coloured clothes. His rings, his nail polish, it's all so.. Magnus. I realize how much I missed his presence.

That's why I don't care that anybody looks when I run towards him and wrap my arms tightly around his neck, kissing him with all the passion, despair and fear I had these days. Magnus seems overwhelmed but after some seconds he kisses me back with fire.

When we part, I smile sheepishly at him. "I'm glad you're back." "I see that," he smiles. Then he turns to Mary and the others. Oh wait, there are other people with us. Blush creeps up my cheeks and I feel embarassed.

Mary walks up to Magnus and hugs him tenderly. "Hello Magnus, good to have you back." "It's nice to see you too. Age didn't change you, did it," Magnus jokes. "Neither did it with you, did it? I can say you still haven't lost your.. ahum.. excentric style of clothing."

"I haven't, but I'm glad you noticed. How's Amsterdam lately?" "I wouldn't know, haven't been there in a while," Mary says casually. Magnus look around and smiles.

"Is it truly Emily van der Zuid and Femme Devoux who I see there? It's been a while, but you two haven't changed a single bit!" "Thank you monsieur Bane," says Femme, still looking hurt. Magnus sees it and looks at Mary.

"What happened here?" "They know about our father Magnus." "Oh.. poor Mary. What did he do to you?" "Nothing. Ygliaas, Femme's father, had to drop this information when we summoned him."

"How could Ygliaas even infect you with Yglaris, Magnus, and why didn't you tell me," I ask, looking at Magnus. He shrugged. "I didn't think it would infect me and I know how much you're against my summonings. I wouldn't wonder if father had something to do with this though.."

"Why," asks Mary. Magnus smiles at her. "Because father is and stays father. We both know him well enough to know that he will grab every opportunity to make us join him in Edom so he can suck our soul out, Mary." "I know," she sighs, plumping down on her couch.

"So I guess that Ygliaas let go off my body then. With what did you threaten a demon this time Mary," chuckles Magnus. "Hmm, the Hellbolts. He hates sunshine and everything bright. Except glowing poison, of course. Disgusting little dude," Mary sighs, rolling her eyes.

"Magnus.. shall we go back to New York maybe?" "Sure, but only under one condition Jace.. that Mary and her kids come with us." "Only if they want it," sighs Mary, looking at the kids. 

And those? Those all agreed.