Chapter 8 - The Yellow Dragon

Chapter 8 – The Yellow Dragon

"I can feel that their presences are near," I informed the whole group.

The group decided to face them straight on and not wait for them to come to us. It was the best choice since we didn't want to damage the castle and injure the people who were living in it. We needed to fight my brothers in a more isolated place.

I figured out that this was going to be the most extraordinary battle that they were going to face. They were used to fighting humans and this was going to be a huge experience for them since they were fighting gods.

I didn't know if they could handle it but I trusted the blood of the dragons that were running through their veins.

I looked at the sky and remembered what Zeno told me about the four dragons and how they loved King Hiryuu so much that they gave their blood to the humans to protect him. King Hiryuu was human by then and I knew that they loved him despite of everything that they opposed.

Four dragons...amplify their strength, I thought strongly. As the sun goddess, I beg for you to make them stronger. Please...help me.

I knew that I sounded so desperate but I wanted to avoid one of my allies getting killed. They willingly lent me their help and I didn't want to see any one of them dying because of my selfishness.

"I can't really contain my excitement," Kija muttered.

"Don't think of it so lightly," Roo-na instructed. "The power of the true gods...expect that it will not be easy,"

"They're here..." Shin-ah whispered. "...two of them,"

"All of you," I looked at each of them. "You should attack Susanoo all at once. I'm not even sure if your attacks would be able to reach him but I trust you enough. Yun, I want you to stay in the side line and study Susanoo. If you see any openings, don't hesitate to tell them,"

"You want all of us to attack one god and yet you're taking out one all by yourself?" Yun raised an eyebrow at me.

I took a deep breath and told them, "Since I'm a goddess myself, my power rivals theirs. We are on equal grounds,"

In a blink of an eye, pure light surrounded us and everything around us turned to white—none of the former surroundings were to be seen. "W—What is happening?" Yona stuttered.

My eyes widened at the sight. This wasn't the power of my brothers. My brothers' powers were dark. They weren't able to make something like this.

After five seconds, four dragons with distinct colours stood in front of us. "T—The four dragons..." Jae-ha couldn't believe his eyes.

"We heard your wish, sun goddess," the Blue Dragon spoke directly to me.

"It is the first time that a high goddess such as yourself wanted something from us," the Green Dragon added.

I wasn't in awe at their sights but I was surprised when they heard of my wish. "For tonight, the power of the humans that have our blood will be in full potential strength," the White Dragon explained.

"Use it wisely," the Yellow Dragon told us before all of them vanished and everything around us turned back to normal.

Hak was still quite shocked of what happened. "I saw them with my own eyes,"

"I can't believe it..." Yun trailed off.

"Seems like you're in the advantage when it comes to numbers, Amaterasu," a familiar voice snickered. "I never thought that you would be successful in befriending some mere mortals,"

"Susanoo," I spat. The sight of him was enough to make my blood boil. They looked a lot like me since we shared the same hair colour. The only thing that was different about us were our eyes. Susanoo's eyes were in the shade of dark blue, Tsukuyomi's eyes were in the shade of light blue, and my eyes were a vibrant yellow.

"Nice to see you again, dear sister," Tsukuyomi mocked. "You are backed up by the power of the dragons now, huh?

"I can't say the same for you," I glared at my twin brother.

I looked at my group and saw that they were looking at my brother with their eyes all widened. I guessed that this was the first time that they saw of real gods aside from myself.

I reached for my sword—Kusanagi—and unsheathed it. I didn't hesitate to make the first move. Zeno followed behind me since he promised to be my shield.

As my sword clashed with Tsukuyomi's spear, I hoped for the best outcome.

***

We were losing. As I predicted, the others couldn't reach Susanoo with their attacks. On the other hand, I was having problems facing my twin brother with my physical strength.

I almost died but Zeno was there to shield me from Tsukuyomi's attacks. It came to a point where his whole body turned into steel and none of Tsukuyomi's attacks seemed pierce him. We could fight on forever but I was worried about the others. Susanoo deflated their attacks like they were nothing.

It was raining heavily and my allies were cold. I would have had made the sun come out if it wasn't in the evening already.

I noticed that Tsukuyomi stopped fighting and looked up at the sky. He was shocked of what he was seeing and that made me look up too. "Impossible..." Tsukuyomi said.

I noticed that even the moon was nowhere to be seen as the darkness consumed it. The heavy pouring of the rain also stopped. I only knew of one goddess whose power was darker than my brothers. There was only one goddess who have had done it...but how?

I didn't want to believe it when I saw the figure of our so-called mother—the goddess of the darkness—Izanami.