I look down, afraid to meet her eyes. Well, more like embarassed. Mina's eyes were still on me and I had no idea how to respond to that answer.

She called me cute. Again!

"Thanks." I plainly said but in reality I was so happy to hear her compliment me. Too happy. Mina laid back on our couch, her eyes on her phone as she surfed through posts.

"By the way," I sat next to Mina, a reasonable space between us "Are you from Korea? You're name isn't really common so-"

"No, I'm from Japan which is why my name is a little unique from some people." She smiled, putting her phone down.

"Oh? Momo's Japanese too. You guys can be buddies." I chuckled, stretching my arms. It was cold but I had a pink sweater on and it was thick enough for the cold temperature.

"Do you need a blanket?" Mina asked, offering to use the fabric with her. My ears went red, 'Does this woman not know anything about space bubbles?' I blushed, as the thought of us sitting together, cuddling passed my mind. 'Dammit Chaeng shut up.' I told myself.

"I-um. No I'm fine." I smiled, which she replied with her own gummy smile. Omo this woman is just to much for me, she's gorgeous and precious at the same time. Then an idea popped in my mind.

"Why don't we get to know each other?" I asked, not willing to share eye contact but in the corner of my eye, Mina looked a bit surprised with my offer. Her cheeks going a little red but nothing like mine when she compliments me. She looked down, like she was disappointed. 'Oh great Chaeyoung. Good job. You just made her sad.'

"Uhm, I'm not really looking for a rel-" She coughed, cleared her throat, stuttered 'Wait. Does she think I mean it that way? Wait no!', I chuckled, cutting her sentence "Aha, not in that way. I want to get to know more about you, as a friend." I smiled, I could tell my dimples were showing of course adding the fact that I was blushing at her assumption.

"Oh." Mina blinked a few times before hiding her face "Oh my. That was embarrassing, sorry. I thought you were like-"

I cut her off "Confessing? Don't worry I wasn't." I couldn't help but laugh at her embarassed face so I decided to tease a bit more "Plus, I don't plan on falling for you. Who would anyways? I'm to good for you." I smirked, flipping my hair.

Mina giggled and lightly punched my forearm. "Ahaha." She shook her head, smiling but she then looked down, a blush dusting her cheeks "I have someone in mind and they're really important to me." Mina mumbled.

I stopped joking. "You, Do?" My voice sounded so, bitter. Fortunately she didn't hear my tone but just heard the words I spoke.

Why does it sting a bit.

Mina nodded, a smile crawling on her face "Yeah but I don't know. They're always in my mind." Her gummy smile.

That gummy smile is meant for someone else.

"They are?" I said, looking forward. My eyes on the black screened Tv, listening to Mina as she goes on about her special person.

"Yeah." Mina giggled, I looked at her, smiling as I did so. "There, now you know a little about me." She shrugged, the blush not fading away.

"Yeah sure. Now I know that you like to non-stop think of someone you like." I laughed, looking at her "Are you sure your not a stalker?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

Mina rolled her eyes, her lips pursing into a pout "You're a mean tiger cub, you know that?"

"Why thank you, I'm fierce." I winked.

It's so nice to be with you.

Mina leaned back, stretching her arms "How about you, got anyone in your mind?" She asked, my eyes widened remembering someone in my life who was important but is now no longer part of my life.

"Nah. I don't want to fall in love with anyone at the moment." I said smiling, she looked at me, her eyes reaching my heart.

"Why not?"

"Because it hurt me before." I answered. Wow that was deep.

"Oh, I-Uh..." Mina chuckled, scratching her nape probably a little embarassed to touch on a personal subject.

"Don't worry, I'm healing." I smiled, hoping to reassure this gorgeous woman.

She smiled, her gums showing again. I had to blink to even think if this was a person actually in front of me. But something hurts. Something about what Mina said pierced through me. It stung like a paper cut.

It's only a sentence but why does it hurt?

"Oh yeah, one more thing." Mina's dulcet voice cut through my thoughts. I looked at her, my attention fully on her.

"I like ketchup, so if you ever want to treat me to dinner, add ketchup." She smirked.

"Why would I treat you to dinner?" I raise an eyebrow, wondering about her rather arrogant statement.

"I dunno, if I win a bet someday then treat me to dinner." She shrugged, still smiling.

"Ok fine." I roll my eyes.

After that, we didn't say anything. She was in her own world, slightly shivering under the blanket I gave her. Her hands holding her phone.

Her hands must be warm.

'I don't know. They're always on my mind.' Her words playing in my mind like a broken record. Does she actually mean that? Who's on her mind? Who can be lucky enough to be on Mina's mind 24/7? I smile, unknowingly, that person is really lucky.

The way Mina said those words with her blush were cute. I glanced at her occasionally and saw a smile grow on her face as she went through posts on her phone. It wasn't a gummy smile just a normal one but it was still cute.

You aren't on her mind Chaeng, stop smiling like that.

I was curious. Who could it be? Would I want to know? It wouldn't be bad to know but it hurts. A sting. A sting that felt like a paper cut. Why does it hurt? It doesn't hurt a lot like when the person I loved left me but it still hurts. It left a bitter taste to my tounge.

It stung my heart.

Mina stung my heart and it hurt.

::To be Continued::

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! 🐧🐯