Chapter 39: Nobody Needs To Know

Start from the beginning

"Also, do you have the notes? Cuz I've been busy planning this wedding."

"I was about to ask you the same thing."

"Oh shoot, how are we supposed to study now?"

"Eh, I'm sure Peggy has some notes we can borrow."

"I would hate to disturb that couple."

"So what do we do?"

"There are other things to do besides studying."

"I like that idea."

oOo

Alex's POV

"You want to tell what's up?" Alex turned to his wife.

"What do you mean?" Eliza had finally gotten out of her dress and was wiping her makeup.

"You haven't looked me in the eye since your sickness."

"It was the cake, that's all."

"You're lying."

"No, I'm not."

"We're married now Eliza, you can't hide things from me."

"I'm not hiding anything." Eliza hurried into the dorm bathroom, leaving Alex behind her.

Was it right to get married accidentally so soon?

Alex didn't hear his wife's sobs through the soundproof door.

oOo

Peggy's POV

"LAF, WHERE IS MY NECKLACE!" Peggy screamed.

"C'est ici!" Lafayette popped out from under the bed with a chain with charms on it.

"Merci!"

"Où allez-vous?"

"Je dois ramasser des fleurs pour Alex et Eliza."

Laf chuckled. "You have learned well, jeune sauterelle."

"Why thank you, bien Monsieur," Peggy said.

"That doesn't translate correctly into the way you want it to," Laf pointed out.

"I know, but close enough," Peggy was about to close the door.

"Au revoir, mon cherie," Lafayette quickly locked the door before Peggy could even fathom his words.

"À plus tard, mon amour," Peggy whispered through the door.

Dang, that sounds so weirdly love-sick. Don't be weird, Peggy. 

oOo

Maria's POV

Maria had been non-officially kicked out of her dorm. She had seen Peggy's eyes when she saw her sister's trade rooms. She told her roommate she could room with someone else, but there was no one else. She had no place to sleep. Except maybe... no, that was not an option.

"Oh, hey, Maria." She had run straight into the person she was trying so hard to avoid.

"Uh, hey," Maria looked awkwardly at the ground.

"So, Lafayette is rooming with your roomie."

"Yeeeeaaah."

"And I take it you don't have a place stay?"

"Yeeeeeeaaaah."

"If you want, you can use Laf's bed." Herc said very quickly, the tip of his ears reddening.

"Yeah, thanks."

"Anytime, anytime."

oOo

Maria, don't mess this up again.

She had changed into her bright red pajamas and was currently in Lafayette's bed, facing away from Hercules.

Well, no use dawdling. Maria could either fall asleep or stay awake long enough to be forced to partake in awkward late night conversations that were bound to ensue. The last thing she saw was the light being turned off and the darkness in the dorm.

Flashback

"I did what you wanted! Now leave!" Maria screamed feebly at James, who was advancing nearer to her.

"Why, that's no way to treat your fiance."

Maria scoffed weakly. "Like that'll ever happen."

"Now then, don't be that way." James smiled menacingly.

"REYNOLDS! Enough!" Thomas pushed James against a wall. "She's done her job."

"Stay out of this, pretty boy!" Thomas towered over James, which caused him to shrink.

"I said that's enough."

Maria looked up hesitantly.

"Don't think this changes anything between us." Thomas said coldly before walking away.

James gave her one last look before following Thomas out the door.

The effects of Maria's actions were catastrophic, she knew that. But now James had her under his grasp again and she had no way out.

oOo

"Maria! Maria!" Maria awoke to a hand shaking her and tears on her face. "You-you were crying and I-I thought something was wrong."

That was when everything from the past week came flooding back, all the memories, all the pain, the guilt, the fear, the loneliness. Everything.

Maria found herself in Hercules's arms, with tears streaming down her cheeks.

"I shouldn't have done it, I shouldn't have said the things I said, done everything I've done!"

"Sh, I know, I know."

"I didn't mean it! I never loved him! I never will!"

Never again.

oOo

Eliza's POV

Eliza took one last look at the small, cheap, plastic thing in her hands. Why did she even have one? S

he knew what she had to do. It could be a secret. She could move back to the Schuyler mansion for a few months. Her father was off in the West Indies for some trip or another. 

Then, she could give it up. Yes, that would be best. They weren't ready.

But Alex...

He'll never know.

What he doesn't know will never hurt him.

Nobody needs to know.

She took her final look before burying the positive test in the bottom of her closet.

Erm, right, so drama. That's what we love doing! Yay!

Hope ya enjoyed! And Merry Christmas/Eve/Whatever/Yeah/Holidays!

- Angelica and Eliza