Chapter Two- I encounter the "Sit Boy!" syndrome. Heehee...

Start from the beginning

It made a leap, heading directly for Kagomes head.

“Kagome!” I shrieked in protest, barreling towards her, and throwing us to the side, before the thing could make contact. We fell hard to the ground and Kagome let out a gasp. “I-Its stiull moving!” I shrieked, instantly feeling up the inside of my sleeve for any more pins. Just one. Dammit.

I quickly glanced around, in just a second assessing the situation. The thing had seen it had missed us, and was barreling towards us again, at full speed. It would be useless to just throw the pin at it. But… I glanced up and saw that on top of the shrine there was a bucket filled with straw, probably to patch up the roof.

It was in the perfect spot. I knew it wouldn’t do much, but it would buy us time. Kagome shrieked out. “INUYASHA!” Their was a few gasps from inside the shrine and I heard him Barreling towards the door. Good. “Kagome! Whats—“ He yelled out, glancing around franticly, just as I threw the pin at the lower left side of the bucket.

The yell from InuYasha had stunned the thing for a minute, making it confused at which was its pray, but it had been stunned long enough. The bucket fell on top of the thing, trapping it fo9r a few minutes, as it wrestled the thing off. But that had bought us enough time for InuYasha to spot the thing.

He grit his teeth and ran over to the thing, slashing it with his long nails. “IRON REAVER SOUL STEALER!” He yelled, and the thing was sliced into a million pieces. He snorted. “Ha. Well that was easy. Kagome, you could have just shot an  arrow at it, instead of screaming like a girl.”

Kagome looked a bit annoyed. She crossed her hands across her chest. “I sound like a girl because I am a girl. Besides, I left my bow and arrows in the cabin.” She glanced at me, a smile forming on her lips. “If it wasn’t for… for… hey, I don’t even know your name!” I laughed and tugged a bit on my hoodie. “Its Amaya.”

Kagome nodded and smnield again. “Amaya… hey, can I call you May for short? Its such a  pretty name… anyway, if it hadn’t been for Amaya, I would probably be dead by now. I hadn’t seen it coming at me, and with that poison… I would have been a goner.” All eyes turned to me.

Lady Kiede gave me a level look with her one eye. “My, ye seem to be full of surprises young one.” The Monk, Miroku I remember him being called, came over to me. “I didn’t see much till the last moment, but that was some great throwing skills. And to be able to think so fast in that kind of situation… Quite impressive. Its strange though, that a girl from the present could be trained in such precision.”

InuYasha laughed. “Ha. If she is  a human girl. Its hard tio tell with that weird cloak of hers. Its so big, you can’t even see her hair.” Kagome frowned at him. “InuYasha! That’s not nice! Apologize!” InuYasha snorted. “As if! It’s true, anyway! And its hard to tell if she is even human. She smells so strange… not exactly like a demon or half demon…. But not exactly like a human either.” He narrowed his eyes at me. “I sense something Fishy about you, and I don’t like it.”

“ InuYasha, Sit boy!” Kagome suddenly let out her face filled with frustration. The guy suddenly tackled himself to the ground, and she let out a harrumph. “Hmph! You shouldn’t be so rude! I told you, she saved my life! So stop acting so rude to her!”

I let out a dry laugh and shook my head. “No its okay. I’m used to it. He doesn’t know me so he has reason enough to be suspicious. I can hardly blame him.” Suddenly Miroku cam foreward. “ Though I don’t agree with his methods, but I have to say, he’s right to some point. It is hard to tell if you’re a girl. Would you mind taking off that hood for us? That way, I’m sure I will be able to see your beautiful face much better.”