"Hey you tasteless-" before Ani could finish throwing tantrums at her, Fariha grabbed my hand and dragged me with her out of the canteen, leaving a crazy Ani behind us.

"See you in the evening" Fari said and we left to our respective classes.

********************************

The day passed by in a flash. I packed my bag and headed out of the classroom once the bell rang.

'God! It was a tiring day.'

I went to the parking lot and entered in our college bus. I saw my bestie Fariha waving at me. I went towards her and sat down besides her. Me and Fariha travel in college bus while Ani and Jassy have their own two wheelers.

"Hey Kavi. You look tired.", Fariha told me.

I yawned just in time, which made her to laugh. I closed my eyes and leaned on her shoulder. Eventhough there are totally 4 girls in our gang, Fariha is the one always concerned and cared me like I am her own little sister. She is my bestie ever since our play school. She is always there for me whenever I feel lonely and helpless. When I lost my parents in an accident 14 years ago, I lost my happiness too. My uncle and aunty agreed to raise me like their own child. But once they got my dad's properties, they stopped treating me like a family.

Rudhya is uncle and aunty's only daughter. But she is nothing like her parents. She never like her parents mistreating me always. She even helps me with doing household chores sometimes. She is a sweet little sister everyone can wish for. She always get the best in her life, best school, best college, best dresses even best care. But I always got the left over.

'Dont worry Kavi. Just few months. Then you will leave this hell and live a happy life once you get a job and live in your own way', I convinced myself.

Yes. Just a few months. After I finish my degree course, I will leave that house and go to Chennai and get a job.

I have this thing like not telling people about what I am going through in my life, how I am being mistreated by my uncle and aunt. I have learnt to not share my private life with anyone, even my friends. However they have mistreated me, they are still my own family. And also I have learnt to accept my fate. But once I finish my degree, I will get the hell out of here.

Someone patted on my shoulders. I opened my eyes to see it was Fariha.

"What Farrrrii?" I asked in my raspy voice while rubbing my eyes.

"Idiot. Don't call me 'Fari' ", she snapped at me irritatedly. I don't know why she doesn't like that nick name. But I always use it to irritate her.

"See, we have reached near your bus stop"

I yawned again which made her to chuckle.

I waved at her, "Bye di. See you tomorrow."

"Bye Kavi"

********************************

Uncle and Aunt are out of town which is a great relief to me as I can do my homework freely and enjoy the evening by myself. They didn't tell me where they were going. Not that I am complaining. In fact, I am happy as long as they don't bother to take me with them. It would be terrible.

I opened the main door and went straight to my room which is in the first floor to freshen up. As there are no one in the house, I wanted to relax today. No vessel washing, No laundry, No cooking.

'Thank God. I am so happy.' I thought to myself. I entered in my bathroom and washed my face and wore a nighty. I left my room and went to the small living room in the same floor. I laid down on the sofa and started to recall my childhood memories with my mom. Instantly a smile appeared on my lips as I remembered her smiling face. I closed my eyes with that beautiful memory.

********************************

I don't remember how much time I have been sleeping on the sofa like that. Suddenly I felt a presence near me. I opened my eyes to see a man's face looking down at me curiously.

"Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh"

I screamed like I saw a ghost and hastily stood up from the sofa. But I didn't break the eye contact and kept staring at the man.

'Gosh! Who the hell is he?'

He looked completely unfamiliar and my brain is too occupied in shock to recall whether I have or haven't met him before. His eyes were set on mine as he stepped closer. And I stepped back a little to maintain a safe distance between us. I think I stepped on something on the floor. Suddenly the TV turned on and showing Pudhiya Thalaimurai Channel.

'Idiot you stepped on the TV remote' my inner self sounded.

'Wait!!!! The man standing right in front of me is the same one in the TV...Holy Cow!'

__________________________________

Hi friends. I hope you all like my story. If you read this part, please dont forget to vote and comment. Thank you.❤❤