Chapter 3: Life as Usual

ابدأ من البداية

"It's just that... Ruby's birthday is coming up really soon and... I'd like to wish it to her either in person or through some other way..."

Crystal tilts her head to the side and gives a sympathetic smile. She knew that Granny missed her granddaughter, after all, this tough old woman had raised Ruby since she was a little pup, and they had a complicated, but strong bond that would be hard to break. One could assume that the distance was taking its toll on the older werewolf.

"Sure, I can look around the place if you'd like,"

"That would be so wonderful."

"Just keep in mind, that place is full of junk, so it might take awhile,"

"Understood. Thank you, Crystal."

"No problem."

"Order up," the waitress calls. "That'll be 16.50." Crystal pulls out her wallet to pay.

"Uh uh," Granny says. "This one's on me."

"Thank you, Granny,"

"Just this once," the restaurant owner warns. "You and your families seriously run up a tab here."

"Understood," she nods, grabbing her things to head out.

"Hey Floyd, how are those onion rings coming?" the old woman says, getting right back to work, as Crystal exits the diner.

...

"Who ordered the Bear Claws?" Rumpel's daughter asks, coming into the sheriff's station.

She finds Emma at one of the desks, sorting through what it probably just boring paperwork. The blonde looks up happily to see her friend toss the bag of pastries to her. She catches them and begins to wolf them down.

"And tea for Mommy dearest," Crystal says, placing the warm beverage down on the desk. "Where's Captain Hubby?"

"I do wish you'd stop calling me that, Crisi," Killian teases as he turns the corner into the room.

"I should have spit in your coffee when I had the chance," the sassy girl snaps back, handing him his morning beverage.

"Much appreciated that you did not," the captain of the Jolly Roger smirks. He goes towards the bag that Emma has with the other Bear Claw when Crystal slaps his hand away.

"Bloody hell what was that for?!"

"Who said the Claws were for you? You have a pregnant wife now, you have to do your best to satisfy her cravings."

"She does have a point," Emma adds, finishing off the first one and going for the second.

"I got you a Danish to change it up," Crystal says, handing him one of the bags.

"Many thanks, Love,"

"How's the morning sickness?"

"Off and on, but when it does happen, it's pretty bad."

"Aye, not a pretty sight," Killian agrees.

"First true test of your marriage," Crystal teases. "Can one partner tolerate the other's vomiting."

Killian frowns and puts his half-eaten Danish back in his bag. "That will kill your appetite rather quickly."

"Coming from the man who's never gotten seasick, anyways, I have a brother to pick up and a Dad to annoy so I bid you three adieu," the girl smirks, taking a bow before walking towards the exit.

"Adieu, to you as well," Emma calls back.

...

Crystal walks up to the infamous clock tower of Storybrooke, knowing that underneath it was the library where her step-mother worked. The place was going to be abuzz with activity very soon considering Snow was bringing her class over for a field trip. Belle is inside busily trying to straighten up in preparation for this visit, all while trying to keep her son happy.