The Journey Home

Rose's P.O.V:

The whole Hogwarts community was sat in the Great Hall, completely silent, waiting to find out what was happening. I sat at the Gryffindor table with Albus, Scorpius, and most of my cousins. 

"How are you feeling, love?" Scorpius asked me, I smiled up at him with a reassuring look.

"I'm fine sweetheart, our baby is fine." I looked up at him, his mouth turned upwards into a smile, he grabbed my hand and placed a kiss on it.

A short while later, McGonagall entered the Great Hall and glided across the floor to the podium. She adjusted her always pointy hat and began to address us.

"I'm sure you all want to know why you are here, along with what exactly is going on," she paused, "Hogwarts has been threatened. By a group of people who claim to be followers of Voldemort." Everyone looked shocked and chatter erupted from the crowd. I looked over at Scorpius, he had his head in his hands. I put my hand on his shoulder as McGonagall continued.

"As you may know, we do not take threats like this lightly. And the safety of our students always comes first. Which is why, since it is close to the Spring break anyways, we will be boarding the Hogwarts Express and sending you all home until the end of the break." Everyone was silent, all in shock at this news.

"We are going to start boarding the train soon, and I would appreciate that you all act in an orderly fashion and not cause a ruckus." She stepped down from the podium and started talking to a frightened Hagrid.

Once we made it down to the platform I saw my dad and Uncle Harry making sure everyone was safely boarding the train. I started to walk over to them.

"Rosie!" My father exclaimed as he wrapped his arms around me. My Uncle Harry gave me a hug also before he went to get Albus and Lily on the train.

"We're all going to the Burrow when we get back, how long will you be here?" I asked him, he pulled me into another tight hug.

"This is pretty bad Rosie. I have no idea how long we'll be out here, just promise me you'll take care of your mother and your brother while I'm gone."  He whispered in my ear, I nodded as I wiped a tear from my eyes. He kissed me on the cheek and guided me back to Scorpius. He gave Scorpius a pat on the back before he made his way back towards Harry.

Once we were all on the train I took one last look at Hogwarts before we started to move. Scorpius, Albus, and I found a crowded compartment with Hugo, and my cousins Roxanne, Lucy, Louis, and Lily.

"Do you think it would be bad if I threw my phone out the window?" Louis asked us, we all turned to look at him strangely.

"Why the bloody hell would you want to do that, you freak?" I asked, everyone began to laugh. Louis rolled his eyes.

"My mum won't stop messaging me! I swear this woman is going to kill me." He grunted, turned his phone off and stuck it in his bag. Scorpius let out a sigh.

"I know how you feel... my mum won't stop asking me when we're going over there Rose." He adjusted his perfect blonde hair and looked down at me.

"Tell her we'll go there next week, and we can go back to the Burrow after that." He nodded and began to type on his phone. Albus started to chuckle.

"What're you laughing at you git?" Scorpius asked Albus with a laugh. 

"I just want to make sure you know that there is no way you two will be 'roomies' at the Burrow. Uncle Ron is never going to allow that." Everyone quietly agreed and Scorpius looked insulted.

"Your dad does know how babies are made, right Rose?" Scorpius asked sarcastically and everyone laughed. I gave him a peck on the cheek, and noticed Lily looking solemnly out the window.

"You alright Lily?" I asked her, placing a hand on her shoulder. She turned around to look at me, tears sliding down her freckled face. I grabbed her hand and pulled her into the hall. I closed the door and gave a concerned Albus a reassuring look through the door.

"What's wrong Lils?" I asked pulling her into a hug. I obviously knew what was wrong, she was worried about the whole Hogwarts situation.

"I'm just worried. About dad and Uncle Ron, and about poor McGonagall and Hogwarts." She attempted to wipe her tears away. This obviously didn't surprise me, Lily has always been really sensitive. Frankly, I'm surprised she didn't start balling in the Great Hall.

We talked for a while and then went back into the compartment. I sat next to Scorpius, who had stuffed his face with a chocolate frog (a dare from Albus), and he held me as I fell asleep.

The train jolted to a stop and Scorpius gripped me tightly so I wouldn't go flying. I groggily looked up at him.

"Are we there yet?" I asked in a hushed groggy voice, he chuckled quietly.

"Yes we are, love." He leaned down and planted a kiss on my forehead.

As soon as we got off the train, you could tell that something was wrong. I had never seen more people on Platform 9 3/4 in my life, although I spotted my family immediately.

"I don't think I've ever seen so many gingers in my life." Scorpius exclaimed and we all laughed.

"Then you obviously have never been to a Weasley reunion." Roxanne told him, "that'll change once Rose has the baby for sure." She and Lily started to giggle, and Scorpius looked at me and smiled at the thought of our baby.

He grabbed my hand and I led him towards my huge family. The first to get to me was my mum, she wrapped one arm around me and one around Hugo pulling us into a tight group hug. After letting us both go she continued to place her hands on my growing baby bump, tears streaming down her face. I pulled her into another hug.

"He'll be fine, I promise." I whispered to her, she grinned widely and wiped her tears with her sleeves. She turned and opened her arms wide to Scorpius who gladly accepted her hug.

After being almost squeezed to death by everyone in my family, we made our way to my mum's car. Hugo sat up front with mum while Scorpius and I sat in the back and cuddled (which earned multiple scoffs from Hugo).

"Are you trying to make me sick or do you just want to see me gouge my own eyes out." Hugo groaned, with one hand on the steering wheel and the other slapping him on the chest, my mum  scolded Hugo.

"Give it a rest Hugo." My mum told him, I laughed and sat up.

"Yeah Hugo, it's not our fault you're lonely." I chuckled, Scorpius laughed quietly as my mum yelled at me.

"Merlin Rose! Don't instigate!" She threatened, although I could see a small smile forming on the corners of her mouth.