“You think me falling in love with you is stupid?” I asked.

“Yes, yes I think it is, cause for all I know you are just compensating what you lost from me when you were in high school!” she snapped.

“What?”

“I’m Jas… I’m Jasmine Marx, the girl who came to your school and was pulled out because of all the drama your ex made.” She says, “I made your senior year the hell it was, I ruined everything for you before, what are the chances that I don’t do it again this time?”

I laughed, then I remembered her story about the boy she met at the parking lot and inviting her for ice cream, that was me.

“You’re Jas…” was all I can say.

“I know I owe you a lot, I know that I was probably the reason you broke up with Emily-“

“I broke up with her cause she was cheating on me, with Phil, which you very well know is my best friend.” I said.

“I should have just stayed away.” She said. “I should have listened to my step mom and do the world a favor and kept quiet-“

“Then that won’t be you…” I said. I sighed and start to make my way to her.

“Well, I guess you don’t know me that well.” She said.

I chuckled, “The Jas I know would have just ran away, the Justice I love would shut that woman up. The Jas I knew would have more class and leave a piece of her mind, but the Justice I love would give a one hour monologue and would come out the better person even after all the shouting and cursing. The Jas I knew would have spoken to me and made closure now, but the Justice I love will do exactly this, run away and blame everything at herself.”

I finally reached the bottom and faced her, “Who doesn’t love herself now?”

“Can I let her go now?” the man asked.

I smiled and nodded, “Yes and thank you.”

He smiled back, “Anything for a brother in love.” He said. “You should listen to her, young lady. All the years that I have lived I’ve never known anyone to go to this extremes to tell a girl someone that he loves her. And I should know, I own a number of restaurants where people propose to their love of their life, and I haven’t seen this one ever. And I’m thinking he’s just asking you out too?”

Justice rolled her eyes and nodded.

“You have a good guy here, little lady.” Another woman say, “He’s bringing the whole world to see that, I don’t think someone is such a jerk to do this on live television.”

Justice glanced at me and I gave her a look.

Then we heard people rushing at the top of the stairs, we both saw the camera men and a couple of the crew, then more people behind them.

“There they are!” someone shouted.

I looked back at Justice watching the camera man making his way toward us, above us I caught a camera man rolling already.

Then finally Justice turned to me and shook her head, still her eyes teary.

“I’m sorry Liam, I can’t…” she shook her head, “I’m not the princess who wants to be saved, I can’t be that girl for you.”

With that she rushed out of there, and even I had no more strength to run after her.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*