I Can't Tell Him

His hair, his eyes, his smile, his laugh, his hugs, his voice, his everything. He's just so perfect. But wait...he's my best friend, there's no way I can like him. Uh....no?

"Hey girl," says Monica as she sits next to me.

"Uh...hey." I studdered.

"I saw that," she says with a smile on her face.

"Saw what?" I say, playing the whole thing off as if I didn't know what she was talking about.

"You were looking at Brian. Aww...how cute. You like him?" she says with a smile still on her face.

"Uh...No? Me and Brian are best friends, how can I like him? Why, what's wrong with liking him?" I say suspiciously studdering.

"Nothing, it just seems you guys like each other, and you guys make a cute couple. He's so mean to everybody, except you. And...and...remember when Albert came up to you and told you that Brian thought you were cute and he didn't deny it. And...when you walked into our second period, Brian came next to you and sat and kept flirting there. You just don't see it, do you?" Monica says.

"Not really, but now that you bring it up, you are right. And yeah, I like him. But i dont know what to do. He's my best friend and now it's awkward." I say desprately wanting advice.

"Well, do you want me to tell him, or ask him if he likes you?"

"No, that's the last thing I want you to do, but there's no other choice. Do it when I'm not around though."

"Ok. Briiiiian, come here..." Monica screams.

"What do you want, Monica?" Brian says all dull and boringly.

"Oh...well Karynah...."

Brian suddenly smiles, just hearing my name. "Yeah," he says still with a smile on his face.

"Well, she'll tell you."

"Uhh....uh......no thanks." I studder.

"Oh, ok?" Brian says smiling at me. I smile back. Then I'm disturbed.

"What is your problem? You had your chance to tell him how you really feel. Why didn't you?" Monica asks with her eyebrow up.

"I dont know, it was really awkward, and he's my bestfriend, how was I supposed to say that?" I say upsetly.

"I saw the love in both you guys' eyes. I saw feeling, there was love floating in the air right between the two of you. But I can tell you felt awkward." says Monica.

"Yeah." i say nodding my head.

The bell rings and everyone runs out the doors in a rush to end the day.

"Bye." I scream waving my hand to all my friends.

6th and 7th period finished and now it's time to go home, do homework, eat, shower, relax, and then start a new day. I get home and I think about everything that happened today. "Man, Monica was right, I should have told him how I really feel. Maybe tomorrow."