twelve | the tattoo

Începe de la început

Looking at me in the corner of his eye, Zach asks "Why did you come anyways?"

Confused I'm about to ask what he means when he quickly adds "Not that I'm not glad you're here, because I am. But if it was going to cause trouble why did you bother?"

"Sometimes you just need to get away, you know?"

Smiling a bit he answers "Yeah, I know."

Trying to lighten the mood I ask "And trouble, Zach? Even doing that stupid project with you caused trouble. It just comes naturally to you."

Chuckling, he says "Don't act like you don't enjoy it."

Smiling, I admit "Alright, I guess I do."

We are now entering Collingwood, and my phone buzzes.

Dylan: Why haven't you talked to mom or dad? They're freaking out.

Realizing how selfish I'm being, I read my messages from my parents.

Mom: Leena, honey, where are you? Are you okay?

Dad: Where are you Leena? Your mother is worried sick. Call us.

Mom: Sweetie are you okay? Please call me.

Dad: Leena call your mother. You have appointments that you can't miss.

Putting my parents in a group chat I send:

I'm fine. Sorry to leave like this, but I'll be back in time for my treatments. Please don't worry about me, I'm safe. I need this, please try to understand that.

Just as I hit send Zach tells me to look out my window.

'Collingwood Tattoo's'

"Ready Lenny?"

----

After Zach parked the car, I forced him to take my money for parking. He is now outside paying at the machine while I take this alone time to take my medication.

Just as I'm putting the bottles back into my bag Zach knocks on my window.

Jumping, I put a hand to my chest. I get out of the car to a laughing Zach and I sarcastically say "Thanks for that."

After a few snarky comments we found ourselves in the tattoo shop.

We were greeted by a man and woman, both covered head to toe in piercings and tattoo's.

"What can I do for ya?" the man asked.

"We both want a tattoo." Zach said.

Nodding, the women asked "You know what you want?"

Zach looked at me and I nodded. Looking back to the people he said "Yeah, we do."

And with that, I went with the tattoo lady, whose name I learned is Rose, and Zach went with the man, Jerry.

Entering the room Rose asks "So what did you want done?"

"I don't specifically know." I sheepishly admit "I wanted something about freedom."

Nodding she says "Feathers and birds symbolize freedom, courage, bravery, and some more. What do you think?"

 What do you think?"