35. End Credit Scene

It all started with the death of my Mother, a woman who tricked me into believing that she was nothing more than a flower shop worker

It all started with the death of my Mother, a woman who tricked me into believing that she was nothing more than a flower shop worker. She hid me from the cold world, thinking that it would be better for me.

I remember what Happy Hogan told me the very first day of my brand new life in the back of that black car on the army base, my Father is 'A whole different ball game'. This foreign world that was completely the opposite of my quiet life in D.C was a whole different ball game. My normal life was over, and then the questions set in. Questions like... will I live to see 18? Will my Dad come home from his Iron Man missions, or will the Avengers be our downfall? Those aren't the questions that a child should have to worry about hearing the answers to. But this is my life now, and there's nothing I can do about it. I feel like I'm playing the game Operation, one wrong move and it'll all be over.

Currently, I'm standing on the opposite side of the street, facing towards what was once Stark Tower. Snow flakes dance through the cloudy hair, covering the small patches of grass here in the city. Window sills and cars are decorated with the white snow. It gives off a winter aesthetic that can only be found in movies. Cars honk in front of me, and people stumble around on the ice that has frozen onto the road. My head is covered with a dark grey beanie, short brunette locks stick out from under the cap. Snowflakes cling to my eyelashes and cheeks. I tilt my head back, taking in the full tower. Memories of parties, fights, and friends all take place in that building. It's not our house anymore, but it'll always be my home. I stand with my hands buried into the dark blue blazer's pockets, skinny black jeans keep my legs warm in the freezing temperatures. I'm more or less not noticeable to the public, nobody seems to be paying attention.

I thought about Obadiah Stane, remember him? Yeah me neither. The only thing I clearly recall was him whispering something into my Fathers ear outside of that sparkling party. He appeared lost in the flashing lights as Stane walked away, leaving him with the look of betrayal and distraught. I'll never forget that.

I'm pretty that's when life began to change. His armor became a target, we all did.

I thought about the Russian whippy guy, remember him? Don't feel bad if you don't, he wasn't all that important. When he attacked our car in the middle of the race track, why our Volkswagen was on a race track is beyond me, but the flashes of electric whips cutting into the vehicle has also stuck with me. The pure fear of being killed by a whippy man. It seems so far away in time now.

Next, I thought about Loki, and how four years ago he seemed like the biggest threat that the Avengers had ever faced. Our world could have very well ended with that portal and the alien army that poured in. That battle showed me that earth wasn't alone, God's and aliens exist in the vast expanse of space.

Those three people aided in shaping my life to what it is now. They defined my life before he Avengers came.

Then later, it was Aldrich Killian and April with the extremis. I was kidnapped, they forced the poison into me. Powers like I'd never known took over my body. No matter how many surgeries I get, the orange serum will never leave my veins. It's forever apart of me.