Part Twenty One (Louis)

"Louis? Louis!" My dad called after me as I burst through the front door, running as if my life depended on it. I ran and ran, not stopping for anything or anyone. Why hadn't I thought of this before? I knew Harry was basically the main provider for his family and now with him losing his job and such, there was no money coming in. He was too polite to out and say it, but I knew somehow, deep down inside of me I knew, I knew his house was going to be taken away from him. 

Harry's house was now in view as I stopped at the busy street waiting for the pedestrian sign to come on. I tapped my foot anxiously waiting for the light to change. What could I do to help Harry? He's done so much for me, more than I could ever ask for, so I had to help him. Not because I needed to, but I owed it to him. If I felt as strongly as he did for me, I would go out of my way for him and I planned on doing just that.

The light finally changed signalling that it was okay for me to go so I sped across the street, practically sprinting to Harry's house. As I approached his house, I halted. There he was, sitting on his front steps, pulling rather hard at his hair. His head was in his hands and I could tell his lips were moving but I couldn't tell what he was saying. 

I quickly approached him, "Harry?"

He brought his head up slowly. Tear stains adorned his cheeks and his emerald eyes that used to hold so much life and happiness now were lifeless, dark with despair; help was written all over his face and my heart ached with just the thought of what was going on in his head.

"Harry, I know..." I stepped toward him and he stood up, his curly mop of curls dangling at the side of his cheeks. "We're going to get through this, I'll h-help you."

He didn't say or doing anything but stare at me. I was afraid to touch him so I just stood there looking at him searching his face for any sign of anything. 

His eyes suddenly left mine as he began to look beyond me. 

"Harry, are you okay?" I whispered, trying to gain his attention again but he didn't even respond.

"Harry, l-look at m-me please." I managed to spit out as I grabbed his face into my hands. He tore my hands away from him and held them in his hands. He was still looking over my head so I decided to turn around and see just what he was looking at.

There, walking up their small cobble stone driveway was a woman, a disheveled looking woman wearing a tarnished grey trench coat holding some sort of bag. Her hair was wild and she wore a tight black dress with red and black fish net stockings. Her black heels had dirt caked at the bottoms and there were several holes in her stockings. As she grew near, I could only make out basic facial features.

She had high cheek bones and rosy red cheeks. I couldn't tell if it was makeup or just the redness in her cheeks. Her lips were slightly parted as if she trying to catch her breath. As she made it to the driveway, that's when I saw them. Those emerald green eyes that I had grown so accustomed to were the same ones she possessed. It was Harry's mother. It had to be.

Her eyes grew big at the sight of us, well, rather at the sight of Harry. He let go of my hands and walked steadily towards her. I followed close behind him. Harry didn't say he needed me to come with but he didn't say not to either and if I know anything about "us," I know we wouldn't leave each other in a time of need. 

He stopped abruptly and I had to catch myself from bumping into him. He stood about four feet away from his mother. All across her face, guilt was written; she began to open her mouth then she closed it, then opened it again.

"Mum..." Harry whispered which came out as more of a whine. 

"Wh-what's going on Harry? Why are you outside an--," she paused, looking behind him to get a better look at me. I hung my head low trying to avoid her stare.