Part Fifty One (Harry)

"I can't believe you just did that."

I stare at him, quite perplexed by his statement.

"What do you mean?"

"You just out yourself to a ton of people. Everyone will know you're gay by the end of the day."

"So?" I shrug. Lou looks at me as if I had two heads.

"So?" He repeats. "Harry do you realize what you've just done? Everything from here on out will be different for you. There's no turning back now. This is it!"

"Yes Louis I know. So what? It's not about them. It's about me. I did this for no one but myself. I feel...better. And nervous. But in a good way. Like I wonder what my life will be like now. I don't regret doing what I just did. I feel like all the weight has been lifted from my shoulders because this is who I am. I didn't do this for anyone's approval. I did this for myself. For Harry."

I look at him after my little speech to the smallest of grins on his lips.

"For Harry?" he repeats.

"Yes, for me." I smile back at him.

"I still can't believe you just did that."

"Is that all you can say?" I laugh. "I thought this moment would be much more monumental than it is now."

He laughs along with me. God, I've missed his laugh.

"Well I'm still a bit frazzled. You also just saved me from Liam. What was that all about?"

All of a sudden, I became tongue tied. Why did I save Louis?

"I just...I don't know really. It was just on instinct. Like something clicked in my head and I just felt the need to protect you so before my brain could even register what I was doing, I was already in front of you. I felt like.."

I pause, looking at my hands, suddenly becoming really shy.

"You felt like what, Harry?"

"I felt like I did when I first met you. I knew the minute I laid eyes on you, you were someone worth being there for. You mattered so much to me within the first ten minutes of meeting you and I didn't know why at the time but I know now. And it's because you were going to make me better. You showed me things I never knew existed. You've taught me so much and I honestly don't know who'd I'd be if I hadn't met you."

"You'd still be Harry," he whispered. "And I would've still fell for you."

My heart skips several beats as I go to grab his hand. We sit and stare at each other like lovesick puppies until the bell rings, signaling it was time for our next class. I stood up and helped Louis up as well. People stare at us as if we have the plague but I zone them out. Even though I do that, I can still feel their stares.

Louis sees my discomfort and says, "focus on me Harry." So I do. I focus on his tired blue eyes that still hold so much life. I focus on his rosy cheeks, probably out of breath from recent events. I focus on his beautiful lips that hold a smile so dear to my heart.

"You're alright to go off to class?" I change finally say, even though I don't want to leave him.

"Yeah, I've dealt with worse." He shrugs. "The real question is will you be alright? It's gonna be different now Harry."

"I know... but I'm ready."

He smiles at me and I smile goofily back. The warning bell sounds as the halls start to empty again. We begin to part ways before a thought pops into my head.

"Lou!"

"Yeah?" He whips around and meets me halfway.

"I know you're still with Liam technically but I'd still like to be apart of your life again?"

Louis smiles sincerely before pulling me into a deep embrace. I hug him back as if my life depended on it.

"Liam and I are so done." He pulls back to look me in the eye. "But I'd love for you to be back in my life, Harry. Don't ever leave again because... Well because I've missed you."

My heart soars as I feel my cheeks redden. I can't tell you how many times I've dreamt of him saying those exact words.

Another bell is heard but we ignore it and continue to hug in the middle of the empty hall. At this moment, nothing else matters. I am so humbled by this moment, all I can do is bring Louis closer to me.

"I've missed you too, Lou. So much, so much."