22

Ava's POV

Yet again I turned over in bed, unable to sleep as a million thoughts ran through my mind. I picked up my phone, checking the time before placing it back down again.

3am.

It had been a few days since Alex had kissed me and we hadn't even talked about it yet. Admittedly, I had been avoiding him all week and if I did happen to see him, I would turn around and quickly walk the other way.

I knew that at some point we would have to talk about it but I was hoping to postpone that undoubtedly awkward conversation for as long as I could.

I turned over again so that I was on my back. The whole house was silent as everybody else slept.

Suddenly, the sound of my phone ringing filled the room. I rolled over, grabbing it off of the side before it could wake anyone up, not looking at the caller ID as I answered the call.

"Hello?" I said quietly.

"Hey," a soft voice said back. I froze, pulling the phone back from my ear to check the name on screen.

Alex.

The line was quiet for a few moments before I spoke again. "Alex, it's 3 in the morning," I pointed out.

"I didn't wake you did I?" He asked and I shook my head before realising that he couldn't see me.

"No."

He was silent for a moment and I could just hear the sound of his breathing crackling through the phone before he spoke. "Have you been avoiding me?" He asked quietly.

I bit down on my lip as I tried to think of an answer. When I couldn't think of anything to prove that I hadn't been avoiding him, Alex was the one to break the silence.

"Do you want to come over?" He asked.

"Alex, it's 3 in-" I started before Alex cut me off.

"Please," He said, his voice sounding almost pleading. I paused for a moment, thinking, before giving in.

It was 3am. Mum and Josh were asleep. They'd never know.

"Okay," I agreed, nodding my head and slowly peeling my covers back and swinging my legs over the edge of the bed.

I was wearing a pair of stranger things pyjamas; a top and short set. I tiptoed to the window, my phone still in my hand, whilst trying to make as little noise as possible.

I pulled back the curtain and my eyes fell onto Alex, standing at his open window. When he saw me, he brought his phone down from his face and ended the call.

He wasn't wearing a top - instead a pair of black shorts hung loosely around his hips - his hard abs and muscles on full show. He reached up to run a hand through his brown hair that was tousled messily on top of his head but this only seemed to make him look sexier.

"Hey," He said quietly.

"Hey," I replied.

He stared at me for a moment before holding out his hand for me to take. "Let me help."

I stood up on my windowsill, placing my hand into his to help me keep my balance.

I can't believe I'm actually doing this.

Squeezing my eyes tightly shut, I jumped over the gap between us. As soon a I landed on Alex's windowsill, his arm snaked around my waist, pulling me forwards and keeping me from falling.