As I pulled my hand from the water, I smiled at my result. The stone of Irdrea lit up. My nerves were taken over by relief. Selina looked over at me with a knowing smirk, she had told me all along that I wouldn't make the House of Eztoprea. I smiled over at her and her face turned into confusion. She probably wondered why I thought it was so great. She was raised to believe Eztoprea was the strongest of the three houses. My father told me all three were equally important. As I approached the Irdrea section, I took a seat at the first year table between a tan dark haired boy and curly red haired girl. "Hi," the girl said turning to look at me. "I'm Idella Baynes."

"Bradley Willis," I replied with a smile.

"Fascinating," she said looking around the room. "It was better than my sister told me. She's in Agrethance." Idella pointed over to the maroon section. "My family will be surprised I'm in Irdrea," she added with a laugh. "Probably didn't think I was smart enough."

"I'm surprised I got into this one too," I added with a laugh.

She was the first friend I made at Salem Academy. Being in the same House we became roommates. She didn't know too many people other than her sister, so the two of us stuck together. We realized we had a lot in common and our friendship only grew. 

Idella rushed over and hugged me. "Finally! Good summer?"

"It was good," I answered as she released her hug. "How was yours?"

"Alright," she shrugged. "Better now that you're here, let's bring your stuff upstairs." She picked up my suitcase before I could grab it and began dragging with her. Her manor never ceased to amaze me. They lived in the deep woods of Maine overlooking a massive lake. It was built on top of a hill and the view was to die for. It was three stories tall and the side facing the lake was entirely made of glass, it felt as if you were always outdoors. The nearest muggle lived way over a mile away. Just as her parents liked it.

"Bradley's here!" Idella yelled. I winced a bit, her parents were perfectionists and very proper. We passed by the back porch where her parents Anastasia and Tomas were sitting on the bench having tea and reading their books. They were both dressed so neatly. I stared in awe of their backyard. The tree's went on for miles, it looked like a painting. Birds were flying from every angle. I could sit and listen to their sounds for hours. Her parents turned towards us and gave me a curt nod. Idella swung the door open. "Bradley's here," she repeated to them.

"Lovely. Welcome," her mother stated with a curt smile, eyeing Idella's outfit. "You couldn't have cleaned up for your friend?" her mother scoffed. Idella rolled her eyes and looked at me. I knew her relationship with her parents was not the best. Anastasia and Tomas were work-centered, serious, and traditional purebloods. Idella, unlike me, was outgoing and always spoke her mind. I preferred to keep my thoughts to myself, but I had this theory that she was incapable of doing so. We had more than enough in common, which was why she was one of my best friends.

"No point in doing that since we're going on a hike," Idella replied with a smirk to her mother. "Just going to get dirty again. Come on Bradley."

"Thank you for having me," I said to them before Idella dragged me off.

"They're so-" Idella began saying but started mumbling to herself as we walked up the steps to her room. Her younger sister passed us, giving Idella a dry look. Emmie's red hair was pinned in a neat bun as she was wearing a neatly ironed dress. She and Idella were complete opposites. "What are you looking at?" she shot at her little sister.

"Your horrid appearance," Emmie replied passing us gracefully down the stairs.

"Hi Emmie," I added awkwardly.

"Bradley," she said with a nod and took off. Now she was much more like her parents.

When we got to Idella's room she shut the door and put my bag down. Her room was the size of the entire first floor of my house. It was a complete mess, but it was still amazing. I would love to have a room like this. "I invited Charlie to come but he's spending the weekend in Cape Cod with his parents, so he's already in the area." Charlie was one of our closest friends. I couldn't wait to see him either. "So, want to go on a hike before the sunset?" Idella asked. "We can walk down to the lake. It's nice out so we should swim." She was always full of ideas. We were never bored. I was admiring her bookshelf as she was speaking. "Oh before I forget!" she said rushing over and grabbing a bag. "Take these with you to Salem, I read them all over the summer and you'll love them." Idella loved reading as well. I smiled taking the bag.

"Thanks," I replied. "And a hike sounds great, but I don't have a swimsuit." I didn't think to bring one.

"We can just go get one from Annabelle," she said. Idella was much taller than I was and had a muscular built. From being outside, hiking, and swimming so much she was in  incredible shape. I on the other hand was simply average, similar to Annabelle. We crossed the hall to Annabelle's room, she was laying face down on her bed. As we entered her face flashed with horror as she dropped something on the ground.

"Shit you guys gave me a heart attack!" she exclaimed. She sat up straight, her similar curly red hair hanging down to her waist. Annabelle was a year older than us, she and Idella were close. Reaching down she picked up the muggle cellphone off the floor. "Thought you were mom and dad." She sat up straight on her bed. "I'll see you tomorrow babe love you," she said quickly into the phone before hanging it up. Annabelle was dating a muggle-born boy from school. Not only was she keeping her boyfriend from her parents, but they also didn't allow their children to have muggle technologies. Her boyfriend gave her his old cellphone so they could keep in touch. It wasn't that her parents wouldn't allow her to date him, they would just be cold about it and she figured it would be a better kept secret.

"Can Bradley borrow a bathing suit?" Idella said. Annabelle nodded and pointed over to her closet. Idella went to grab one.

"I can't believe you're going to be a seventh year," I said to Annabelle.

"I know it's insane," Annabelle replied. "Can't believe I'm graduating. Your close though, sixth year goes by fast." Realization hit Annabelle's face. "I better get packing then!" she leaping up from her bed. "Suitcases downstairs?" she asked and Idella nodded in response. "See you around," she said to me. Annabelle and I were on a friendly level, she wasn't in the same house as us at school but we saw her often.

After I changed, Idella and I left for our hike. It was about a twenty minute walk down to the lake. Idella told me all about her summer and I told her about mine. I asked her about Colin. Idella was dating a muggleborn boy and the two were beyond perfect for one another. They had been together since fourth year, I was jealous of their relationship. I've only ever had one boyfriend and I was anxious to see him. It didn't end too well and he was spiteful towards me because I was the one who ended it. We changed the subject to what was going on over in the United Kingdom. Her parents have been quiet about it as well, not telling them anything. Everything she learned about the war was from the prophets. "Can you imagine going to Hogwarts though?" Idella said once we reached the lake. "I wonder what it's like."

"I know," I agreed curiously. "I bet the security has increased massively. Especially considering Harry Potter attends Hogwarts."

"Can't imagine," Idella agreed. We dropped the tense subject and went swimming. The water was freezing, but it was worth it. We swam until the sun went down and then walked back up the hill. Anastasia told Idella, which meant me as well, to clean up before dinner. Their house elf made everyone's favorite. He even remembered mine, grilled chicken and rice. Their parents suggested we go to bed early since we would be leaving early in the morning. Of course Idella and I just went to her room and talked until we fell asleep.