"What's a girl thing?" I'm twelve years old and I've already had "the talk" with my parents and school. What won't I understand?

"I'm. On. My. Period." Her cheeks flush saying those words.

It hit me. Periods. That is what women get monthly. Don't they...

"Oh." I scrunched my nose and awkwardly walk away from the room. "I'll leave you alone, then."

"Why?" She still has her cheeks red.

"My mom once told about periods. She says women get real bitchy when they get it."

I was such an oblivious person when it comes to things like that. People literally have to tell me shit detail by detail or else I won't understand and catch up.

"Give me love like her,

cause lately I've been craving you more.

Paint splattered teardrops on my shirt.

Told you I let them go,

And that I'd fight my corner.

Maybe tonight I'll hold ya,

After my blood turns into alcohol.

No I just want to hold ya."

I smile when she squeals after that. She loves this song so much, especially when I sing it.

"Give a little time to me,

Or burn this out.

We'll play hide and seek to turn this around.

All I want is the taste of your lips.

My, my, my, my, my give me love."

I hear running footsteps getting louder and louder until the door slams open and Aaliyah smiles at Mia before sitting down right in front of Elyssa and me. They, too, love my voice and never miss a chance of listening to me.

Mia is Elyssa's little sister; she's eight and loves Aaliyah so much. Her and Elyssa don't get along as much as she does with Aaliyah. It's funny.

"Give me love like never before,

Cause lately I've been craving you more.

It's been a while but I still feel the same.

Maybe I should let you go."

"Yay, Shawn." I hear Elyssa whisper and do a little dance.

I couldn't help but stop and laugh at how she was tearing up alot now.  Her tears streamed down and she took off her glasses to wipes them off.

"Aww, Elyssa." I teased and leaned in to hug her. "Why the hell are you crying? "

"Because," She sniffled. "Your voice is beautiful."

It's so adorable when she does this.

All. The. Time.

She even cries about this band called The Wanted. She's so in love with them, but they ended a month ago. The way she acted that day broke my heart. I've never seen her so down before. It hurt.

"Why do you have to be so perfect? " She pulled away and thumped my head. "I-I mean like dude!"

She layed on her back and groaned. "You have to audition for The Voice or something!"

I shook my head and just laughed at her. "You're crazy."

I am not even that talented.

Her smile faded when she began to cough roughly. Not again. I ran to the bucket that was in the bathroom and ran back to her side afterwards. She looked grateful when I gave her the box of tissues afterwards.

Aaliyah and Mia both ran down the stairs to get water. It was only supposed to be Aaliyah, but the adorable Mia followed along.

Out came the clear liquid of throw up and I winced when she went on. I winced because she had told me that ever since last year, it always hurt her throat.

After a few minutes of puking, she settled down and drank the water that Aaliyah brought; she also brushed her teeh afterwards.

"Thank you." Elyssa said when she layed beside me on the bed. I rubbed her arm and kissed the top of her forehead.

Aaliyah and Mia had gone downstairs already, afraid to see what else might happen to Elyssa. Thoughts ran through my mind when silence began to surround us. It pains me not telling her these things. We're suppose to tell eachother everything. Everything.

I love you, but I don't want to get hurt if you lose the fight.

________
\UPDATE/

LOL I AM HORRIBLE I HAVEN'T BEEN ON HERE FOR LIKE 718492939293 YEARS

a/n: hope you like this, guys!

please vote for all the chapters that you like. it's a known fact that there are faster updates when people vote and comment alot ! ;-))