Hidden talent

You'll know when to play the song! ;)

"This week we'll be learning about a rare plant called rickerspaw." said Professor Sprout "Rickerspaw is a dark grey flower that can be found on the strangest places, if only someone is in real need of it. It can be used for many things, for example: To obliviate someone, to create a love potion or to make complicated and powerful antidotes to various poisons and curses. Of course, you'd need to brew the rickerspaw with other ingredients in order to make these things." the professor went on and on and pretty much everyone let her voice become background noise as they daydreamed away about different things and worlds. After their first class they both had DADA (Defense Against the Dark Arts) with a new teacher called Professor Bowick. He was a tall, rather old man who looked very much like a muggle actually. A lot of the students placed bets on wether the teacher was a muggle or not, but it soon became clear that he was very much a wizard. He was almost as good a teacher as Professor Lupin had been. After the class had settled, he began the lesson.

"Today class. We're going to read about a certain type of creature known as a Fidleknot. It's a ridiculous name, I know but I didn't come up with it okay?" Everyone laughed "The Fidleknot is a kind of sea creature whom feeds of one thing, can anyone guess what that is?"
Everyone was silent except for the familiar sound of someone shooting their hand in the air, this someone, of course, being Hermione.

"Yes, miss Granger?"

"The Fiddleknot is quite like a dementor, though instead of happiness, it feeds of true love. A lot of people search for a Fiddleknot to find out if they have yet to find true love but often they are quite disappointed as it is one of the rarest things on this earth. However, when the aforementioned is found and the Fiddleknot starts feeding on it, it is not unheard of that they lose whatever love they had found, in other words, the fiddleknot is one of the most dangerous creatures to walk this earth, not only can it steal true love, but also take it thus far so that you may never feel the warmth of love ever again." The Gryffindor finished with a satisfied smile that slightly intimidated the class seeing as she had just talked about something so horrible.

"Very good miss Granger! 20 points to Gryffindor!" All Gryffindors smiled at each other and Draco smiled too, happy for Harry and his friends.
Class continued and they kept reading about the Fiddleknot and after a while they had become used to the ridiculous name.

After DADA Draco went to charms class and Harry had a free period so he went to his and Draco's room and pulled out his old guitar witch he had not played on for weeks. He got it when he was 13 from Sirius and he had gotten quite good at playing. He loved singing as well but his musical talents remained a secret from the world, even Ron. Hermione has once heard him singing to himself as he got dressed back at 12 Grimauld Place, but she'd sworn not to tell anyone. He started playing and let his mind float away with the song, after a minute or so he started singing, a song he listened to whenever he could, a song called "I'll be good"

I thought I saw the devil, this morning Looking in the mirror, drop of rum on my tongue with a warning to help me see myself clearer

Harry lost himself in the song and didn't hear when someone came through the door.

I never meant to start a fire, I never meant to make you bleed, I'll be a better man today

Draco stood frozen on the doorstep and listened to the raven-haired boy as he sang and played and he had never been more amazed. He had never seen Harry more relaxed and happy than he was now.

I'll be good, I'll be good and I'll love the world like I should, yeah I'll be good I'll be good for all of the times that I never could

Harry still hadn't noticed Draco's presence as he kept his eyes closed and let himself get lost in whatever world he chose. This was his favorite time of the day, any day.

My past has tasted bitter for years now, so I wield an iron fist
Grace is just weakness, or so I've been told I've been cold I've been merciless
But the blood on my hands scares me to death, maybe I'm waking up today

I'll be good, I'll be good and I'll love the world like I should, yeah
I'll be good, I'll be good for all of the times that I never could

Draco had never been more in love with the boy than he was right now. He didn't notice that Harry had stopped playing and was staring at him with pure horror in his eyes

"How long have you been standing there?" He asked quickly

"Long enough.... Harry I— I had no idea you could sing... that was... wow..."

Harry blushed deeply, a tendency witch he had developed during his time with Draco, and saw to it that the guitar was well hidden under his bed and then cast a tempus charm to see what time it was, almost time for lunch.

"How come you're not in class?" He asked to change the subject.

"I forgot my charms books and went to get them when I heard you and I couldn't go in because I didn't want you to stop... You have a huge talent Harry. How come I've never seen you preform at the talent shows and stuff?" Draco said curiously.

"I never preform, I never saw the point, I'm not even that good."

Draco didn't even know what do respond to that.

"Not that good?! Harry you're amazing!! You have to preform at the next event okay? Promise me!"

"Ugh fine... but is your fault if hey boo me." Harry said, sounding fairly convinced that that would be the case.

"Yup, and it'll be because of me that people will see that their savior has a super hidden talent. It's gonna be great!!" He said excitedly and they walked to lunch together, still laughing and talking about how Harry would be the new teen star of the century.