Sugar rush

"How exactly did you come to my rescue so fast? You didn't follow me to school, did you?" I teased him. "As tempting as that sounds, I was already close by to pick up some feed for the chickens. You were bored, and I figured I wouldn't mind some help." So he didn't do it because he liked me and didn't want me to die of boredom, he needed help to get chicken feed of all things. D*** it.
   "But if that old hag ask, your grandmother just passed and I was coming to break the news to you and go to a viewing." "No, no! Not Grammy! Anything but Grammy!" I cried out dramatically, my eyes shining with unshed tears to add affect. "Tell me you're lying, please, I beg you."
   The professor came out to see what all the commotion was about since we were still lingering in the hall only to find me wrapped in Jonathan's arms while he whispered sweet nothings in my ear. He gently picked me up and I buried my head into the crook of his neck sobbing quietly. The professor had her hand over her heart as we left, a look of sorrow decorating her features.
   As soon as we got outside I told him he could put me down now, though he obviously didn't listen. Not liked I minded or anything. "We're almost to the truck, no worries." Trust me, I won't argue. I was too wrapped up in his scent letting my imagination run wild with all the things I could do to him when we reached that truck, that is if imaginary me could wait that long.
   He set me down in the truck and ran over to his side. "Sooo, hungry?" "What happened to chicken feed?" "Pshh, we got all day." I looked out the window hiding the stupid grin forming on my face.
  "Hmmm what about burgers?" "Don't see why not." I replied. He pulled into a little diner, "I swear, they've got the best pie!" He said excitedly which sent me into a fit of giggles, "You're so five years old!" He pouted, did my heart just skip a beat? D*** it. Then he smirked, "Only for you shugams." he said sending me a wink making my legs go to jelly.
   "So, are we going in or what?" I said trying to change the subject and almost falling flat on my face out of the truck. "I'm five? At least I have more grace than some drunkie." "Yea, well no one asked you," while scowling at him, an elderly woman made herself known.
   "First fight?" Johnny and I shared a look of confusion. "Ma'am?" "Oh, it's just that I was walking by and saw such a lovely young couple. First fights are always the worst, but at least you know there's still something worth fighting for." She said smiling warmly at us.
   "Oh we're not a..." "But shugams, I thought we had something." Did Johnny just lose his mind? "But you're mad at me," I looked towards my feet pouting while the elderly lady squeals. He lifted my chin up to meet his gaze, "Renee, I'll never be mad with you." "Kiss her, d*** it!" Dang, old lady got bite.
   Oh but then his lips met mine in the most rhythmic way possible. Tenderly tasting one lip then the next, but then he pulled away and looked me in the eyes. "Never."
     The elderly lady's shouts of joy got lost with the atmosphere. All I could focus on was Johnny kissed me. He really kissed me. If I'm dreaming, please let me sleep a little longer.