saved by the...Johnny-boy?

Lecture was still an hour away, and guess what, I skipped breakfast! Who would've thought? Certainly not I. Hint the sarcasm?
   I slipped on some cutoffs and a flannel shirt, all that's left are my dandy flip flops and I'm out the door. My hair looks good enough right? "Hey, Renee! What's with the bird nest?" Obviously not...
   "Thanks dad, you certainly know how to make a girl's day." "Any time, sweetheart." He said with a hearty chuckle. Gosh, dads can be so exasperating.
------------------------------------------
   "You're late." Obviously, that's what happens when you get stuck behind a tractor for the last twenty minutes. "Yep, my bad, won't happen again." "And to make sure it doesn't, I expect a three page essay on the do's and dont's of class." "Yes madam," I say with a small curtsey that earned me a scowl as I made my way back to my seat.
   Gosh, did she ever stop talking? I got my phone out to text Jonathan, maybe that'll make my day a little more interesting.

   I AM SOOO BORED>_<

tsk tsk txtin in class,u should kno better ;) maybe I should come teach u a lesson :P

   Why does that make me feel butterflies? Gahh I'm so confused. I mean it's not like I even like him! Dang but those eyes and the way he smiles-stop it brain!! Stop messing with me, it'd never work out even if I did like him...which I don't!

   come at me pretty boy;);)

   Did I really just say that? He's gonna think I'm a creep! D*** it! D*** it! D*** it!
   "Ms. Daniels?" "Oh, um-yes?" "The answer please, we haven't got all day." Oh. Crap. Couldn't reality wait a little longer? I was still kicking myself over that stupid text! "I...er-you see? It's just that," deep breath and wing it. "The answer is..." Oh thank sweet Jesus and his mother Mary, someone knocked on the door like the sweet songs of angels.
   There were low whispers going on just outside the door before Ms.Robertson came in with the most blessed news anyone in college could every hope for. "Ms. Daniels, it seems something important has come up, you are excused for the rest of your classes today." Are my ears deceiving me? I quickly nod and head out the door to see who my hero was, and there, in all his glory, was Johnny-boy.
   I threw myself at him, "My gosh, Jonathan! I could kiss you!" He went slightly stiff with my words, looking at him his eyes were ever so slightly dark as he continued,"What are you waiting for?" Is he kidding? He couldn't like me,right?
   "Gosh," he pushed me off of him. "Stop acting like you're fixing to gag already." If only he knew. Taking his hand I look back up at him, "Thank you, for saving me from death by boredom," His eyes crinkled with his easy going smile, "You can always count on me,Renee, always."