Chapter 1: Life as a teenage child

"Can you help me find the cupcake?" Dora's patronising voice blares from my TV set.

"Shut up!" I yell, throwing my left shoe at her face. I can't believe that I'm a 14 year old girl, still watching Dora the Explorer. It doesn't help that I'm an only child, and I don't have anyone in my family under the age of 35, not including me. I grabbed my TV remote, and silenced Dora's childish Spanish. Instead, I flip open the lid on my shiny, red laptop and play Make Me Wanna Die by The Pretty Reckless while checking Facebook for any new information that I missed. According to my best friend Alice, there's going to be a new girl at our school. I hope she's cool.

The next day, I woke up, slid into some grey jeans and a black camisole, threw on a leather jacket and hurried out of the door, stopping to grab a slice of bread. I like plain bread. There's something about the simplicity of a plain slice of bread. It fascinates me.

Alice is waiting to greet me by the front gate of out school, Stanton Manor Academy. Our school sounds really posh, but it isn't. We failed our OFSTED inspection.

"Hey, Alice. How was your weekend?" I smile at her, knowing full well that she's going to totally miss the point of the question, and start gossiping about our classmates.

"Hi, Shannon. Did you hear about the new girl. Apparently, she moved from a different country and looks like a little kid. There she is now," Alice carelessly flicks a lock of bouncy blonde hair over her shoulder and flounces over to a girl that I've never seen before. She looks quite short, with a bronzed skin tone. Her hair is in a black bob tat rests just below her ears. She wears a purple T-shirt with orange shorts, ugly yellow socks and white trainers. On her back, she has a weird backpack, with some sort of face on it. Totally not cool.

She runs up to us. "Hi, I'm Dora. I just moved here from Spain. I just lost my cupcake. Can you help me find the cupcake?"

Author's Note: Don't judge me; my friend dared me to write a Dora the Explorer fan fiction. I doubt that anyone else has ever done that. Seriously, I need help.

                            ~NotSparta