heartbroken || henry bowers

yes I'm back. I had left my babies for a bit but I have a GOOD ASS IMAGINE FOR YOU. I'm not sure what type of point of view this is, but it's not hard to follow. Merry Christmas !!🎄

plot: henry doesn't realize that he likes y/n until he suffers a brutal heartbreak.

word count: 1300+

•••
I watched Henry shove Victor into Belch as we all stood on the kissing bridge. The boys and I skipped last period of school because we were bored and didn't want to sit through English. As we walked towards who knows where, I accidentally brushed against Henry's side.

"Y/n! Can you stop fucking bumping into me? Jesus Christ!" Henry shouted earning a wince and a small nod from me. I moved closer towards Victor immediately. Belch and Victor looked at Henry with a frown while Patrick let out a chuckle.

Henry was always rude to Y/n, he constantly was yelling at her or insulting her. Of course, she had never done anything to him, in fact, she craved his approval and begged for praise from him.

Y/n wanted to impress Henry, she at least wanted Henry to not think she was a weirdo. Patrick thought the whole situation was funny, meanwhile Belch and Victor felt bad for Y/n. She was very sweet and they weren't exactly sure why she hung out with such assholes, like themselves.

"I'm sorry Henry." I mumbled, a frown drawn across my face. I looked down at the ground, not wanting to meet the scowl imprinted across Bowers' face.

"No you aren't. You're constantly fuckin' annoying me." Henry spat back at me. I hated this feeling, he always put me down. I was never the type of girl to cry when someone said something mean to me.

But it was Henry, the person who I wanted to impress. I wanted him to accept me, more than anything in this world. He wasn't godly, but he was just one of those people that if they liked you, you were on top of the world.

"Easy Henry, girlie looks like she's about to burst out into tears." Patrick teased, faking a crying sound while pointing at me. He wasn't wrong, all the hate from Henry was slowly but surely building up inside of me. At any given moment I was sure I was going to cave.

"I don't care, at all. Y/n you're literally such a waste of space. The only reason we let you hang around us is because we heard you were a good fuck. Although you haven't put out yet, but no one is surprised considering you're a prude cunt." Henry spoke down to my level; hateful comments slipping out of his mouth.

I swallowed harshly at his words. I usually would just nod and hang my head low, taking in his violent verbal attacks but today I wasn't having any of it.

The guys were my only friends but what real "friends" would speak to you as if you were their enemy. My heart started beating quickly and my palms got sweaty.

Speaking out with a raspy and shaky voice I cursed at him, "Fuck off Henry."

He stood right in front of me, he was taller by at least 4 inches. Everyone stopped walking. Henry looked down with amusement in his face, he didn't look phased at all. Patrick and Belch looked at me quizzically while Victor looked relieved I finally wasn't letting Henry push me around.

"What the fuck did you just say to me, bitch?" He pushed my slightly and I stumbled back, which made him smirk.

"Stop treating me like a piece of shit Bowers!" This time my answer was an ear piercing yell, one that made the birds fly off the nearby trees engulfing the area.

"Oh? This little bitch finally grew some balls. What are you gonna do, y/n? Smack me? Kick me in the shin?" He spoke down to my level, trying to make fun of me or make me crack.

I thought about hitting him, but decided against it. Henry had anger issues, no doubt about it. But he had never laid his hands on me in a physically threatening way.

Henry looked at me for an answer, crossing his arms, with a sickening smirk on his face.

"No." The only word that came out of my mouth in a whisper. No? Really y/n? That was all you could think of?

I mentally face palmed at the weak answer.

"You really are pathetic." Henry chuckled, earning a slap on the back from Patrick. They both were fucking sick in the head, but so was I for wanting Henry.

I felt like I had a knife stabbed in my chest, right through my heart. I didn't just have a stupid crush on Henry which is really what made me pathetic. I didn't understand how I could like someone who just bossed me around and treated me like a piece of shit. Unfortunately, tears started rolling down my face. I cracked.

He did exactly what he wanted to do to me. He broke me.

•••
Henry's pov:

I glanced at the sight in front of me. Y/n was always like putty in my hands. She would do whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted. All she wanted to do was to make me like her, she wanted acceptance.

Now she stood in front of me, her fingers playing with the edge of her red "Derry High" shirt. She cut off the bottom of the shirt so it rose up on her, showing just above her belly button. She cuffed the sleeves, she knew I liked to do that with my shirts too. Ripped denim shorts were paired with the shirt she wore.

She looked cute today, her long brown hair flowing down her back.

Cute? Henry what the fuck are you saying?

"Fuck off Bowers!" Y/n cried out, tired of the shit I was giving her. It stung, but it was nothing I couldn't handle.

"Oh? This little bitch finally grew some balls. What are you gonna do, y/n? Smack me? Kick me in the shin?" I teased, knowing she would never hurt me. Patrick nodded in approval and Belch and Victor stood there like fucking pussies. But they always were just sidekicks anyways.

She waited for what seemed like hours before replying a mere "No."

"You really are pathetic." I didn't think she was at all, but I had to make sure my reputation wasn't ruined if I was soft towards her.

She gave me a look that resembled a sad puppy, harmless and confused. Patrick was surely getting a rise out of this but oddly enough I wasn't.

Usually shit like this would make me excited but this time it kind of hurt.

I wasn't weak for anyone, not for my friends and surely not for my piece of shit father. But y/n was one of my minor exceptions.

I expected her to come back at me with a nasty remark on how I'm a terrible person or just telling me how I'm not even worth her time, but no words came out of her mouth.

Long streams of tears poured out from her eyes. She had never cried in front of me, except for the time I shot a cat in the woods.

This shit fucking stung. Her eyebrows furrowed and her face contorted into a miserable frown. Her mascara became a little runny near the outer corners of her eyes.

She still looked pretty.

I felt bad, why did I feel bad? I never felt bad for anyone.

She just stared at me, her eyes glossy. She didn't say anything but just gave me a look that basically told me she never wanted to fucking see me again.

After what felt like forever, she just turned around and started walking away. Her head hung low and her shirt stained with tears.

My heart broke as I watched someone who I loved, slip out of my fingers.