Therapy Within Misery

At this Catherine jumps up and down in her seat

"Ask him out!" Catherine squeals causing Katy to shake her head no her bangs falling into her face.
"No" she cries as Catherine frowns.
"Fine then I'll ask him out" Catherine says causing Katy to look up at her frowning.
"You wouldn't really do that would you?" she asks her as Catherine looks over at her.
"Best friends before boys" she says sticking out her pinky finger. Katy smiled as she hooked her index finger with hers locking it. They giggle unhooking their fingers from each other and went back to eating.

Once school was out they split from the bus stop, she waited with Catherine for her bus that would take her back to their neighborhood.
"You sure you don't want me to tag along for support?" she asks her causing Katy to shake her head no.
"It's too weird" she says as Catherine frowns stepping backwards as the bus pull to a stop.
"Fine...call me ok" she says making a call sign with her fingers before she turns and climbs onto the bus. Katy watch the bus pull away before turning and making her way off to her therapist.
Her therapist was in one of those high rise office buildings. She enter the lobby, the people behind the desk knew who she was by heart and only waved, even the security guard nod his head to her as she pass him into the lobby. She bypass the elevators as they dinged open letting people on and off and instead took the staircase up to the fifteen floor. Even though she had to climb all those stairs she didn't mind, she took her time. Besides that it was exercise for her.
She step out of the stairways onto the fifteen floor. The waiting area housed one person, a elderly person. The person smiled at her before peering back down at the magazine. The lady at the front desk hand her the clipboard and she signed her signature, she saw she was the next in line for her appointment, she was here early even though her appointment was at four thirty.
She lower herself into one of the comfy armchairs. There was a TV on in the corner and it show the afternoon soap operas. She just sat with her eyes closed, she felt so tired maybe she could nap.
Just as she felt herself dose off she heard her therapist say her name loudly. She opens her eyes and goes to get onto her feet when Tanner appeared.
At the sight of him she tense, what was he doing here? She watch as his eyes wonder to her and they froze as well. They stood staring at each other tense. Her therapist a middle aged woman with dark blonde hair and brown eyes stared from Tanner to Katy.
"Do you two know each other?" she asks curiously. Katy push her hair back as she stop before them.
"We go to the same school" she says slowly watching as Tanner looked away. She could see the embarrassment and guilt.
"Oh wow look at that, Katy this is..."
"I know who she is...I have to go" Tanner says turning and walking out of the waiting area. They stared after him before her therapist wave for her to follow her.
Her office was modern yet classy which was what Katy loved especially the IKEA sofas and armchairs. She lower herself into the comfy egg robin blue armchair as her Therapist sat down on the low black sofa.
"So...tell me how your night was?" she asks opening her pad and posing her pen to the pad. All Katy had to do was just stare at her giving her a tired smile and she knew as she sat upright crossing her legs.
"Another nightmare" she says as Katy nods her head.
"The same one...I don't know anymore about this" Katy says throwing her arms in the air. Her therapist took a moment to scribble some words before speaking.
"Well as we talk about before maybe it's time you consider taking meds...and there are only a little bit of side effects but I don't think they'd affect you that much, it might help you sleep better at night" she explains causing Katy to sit upright pulling her legs under her.
"I don't want to wake up throwing up or...something" she says as her therapist giggles.
"No...no I wouldn't give you strong meds, these are just soft ones but they should work for your condition Katy, and you won't even have to take a lot, just like one a day" she explains as she climbs onto her feet. Katy watch as she went behind her desk for her prescription pad.
"But tell me how your day was anyway?" she asks looking up at her and giving her a smile as she continue looking through the drawers.
"Today was just ordinary had my breakfast with my parents...went to school with my best friend Catherine..." she pause on the part where she would mention about Tanner. She obviously knew who Tanner was now...so did she know this whole time about him and her.
"Something wrong Katy?" she asks, she saw she had located her prescription pad and had it in her hands as she stared at her.
"The guy in the waiting room...he goes to my school...he bullies me, he bully me today worse than the other days, he shove me into the locker and then threw my tray onto the floor and got into my face" she explains slowly.
"Ah Tanner, he my new patient he just started today, so that Tanner" she says walking around the desk to the couch again. Katy nods her head, what she had said about going to therapy now sting, she didn't know he was already going she probably made him angrier.
"Why he seeing you?" she asks him. At this her therapist shook her head.
"I can't relate the information it would be a breach of patient doctor confidentiality" she explains as Katy nods her head.
"But tell me more about Tanner" she says leaning forward with her pad and pen. So for the first hour she explain everything about him, how he would always bully him and how frustrated she get by this, she didn't understand why he did it and what she ever did to get on his bad side.
"Well it sounds like you're dealing with someone who has a crush on you" she says. At this Katy's eyes went wide as she stared at her therapist. She shook her head frowning, how could Tanner have a crush on her when he shoved her into lockers and stuck 'kick me' notes on her back.
"What...no he hates me" she says as her therapist giggles smiling.
"It's your classic boy bullies girl cause of a crush scenario I'm surprise you didn't realize it Katy" she says scribbling that down. Katy couldn't see someone like Tanner liking her, why would he?
"But...why does he act so mean...I mean he acts like he doesn't really like me much" she explains hugging the armchair's pillow to her chest. Her therapist smiles sitting back lounging on the couch.
"Sometimes most guys especially teenagers can't really just go up to the girl they like and ask them out on a date. In Tanner case he feels like if he shows his true emotions it makes him seem weak to other people, he self conscious, so in public instead of acting nice to you he bullies you, I know it makes no sense but it's happen in the past, you're not the only one, he just doesn't know how to let you know he thinks your cute" she explains. Katy didn't know if she could trust her therapist but then again she been seeing her since the beginning of the school year, they had a special bond, a you can tell me anything bond so she couldn't imagine her therapist making something up like this just to make her feel better.
"So is he going to continue?" Katy asks.
"Well maybe if you confronted him when you guys are alone with no one around, I think he'll let his guard drop" she says causing Katy to smile a little.
"Maybe" she says as her therapist smiles. They spent another hour chatting some more before the timer on her desk went off signaling the end of their session. She shook hands with her therapist and took the prescription note with her shoving it into her bag.
She was making her way to the stairway when she felt a hand on her shoulder. She turn around expecting it to be her therapist when it was Tanner. At the site of Tanner she stumble into the wall next to the door that led to the stairway.