Brother/Sister Bonding Time And Other Pre-Quest Rituals

I immediately sat up in bed, my cheeks wet with tears. I tried to remember what was making me cry but I couldn't. "Hey Hana? You okay?" I heard Percy ask. I nodded and wiped my eyes with my blanket. That's when I noticed something strange, the marks that usually appeared on my wrists and neck in the morning, they weren't there. "Hey, is there any particular reason you kept whimpering law last night?" Percy asked, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Huh?" I looked up at him. "I....I don't know...." I said quietly.

Percy nodded, and jumped out of bed. "At least turn around so I can get dressed." He said. I nodded and did so. Once he was done and out of the cabin I got changed as well. I tried to think of the reason I kept saying law last night. I shook it off as I walked out of the cabin. Percy was standing there talking to Grover.

I gave him a wave and a smile. "What's up?" I asked.

Grover looked nervous. "Mr. D wants to see Percy." He said.

"Why?" Percy asked.

"He wants to kill.....I mean, I better let him tell you." Grover said. Percy nodded and followed after Grover. Against my better judgment, I decided to tag along. I listened to Grover explain to Percy how normal weather didn't effect us here at camp. We walked to the big house where Chiron and Mr. D were playing pinochle against two invisible opponents.

"Well, well, our little celebrity." Mr. D said, sounding rather bored. I crossed my arms and leaned against a post as Percy stood there like an idiot. "Come closer." Mr. D added, sounding a little annoyed. "And don't expect me to kowtow to you, mortal, just because old Barnacle-Beard is your father." I laughed a little at this, making Mr. D smile a bit. The two of us had a weird relationship due to our bond over the fact that we were both stuck at Camp, unable to leave, well, at least Mr. D could go to Olympus. Suddenly there was a huge blast of lightning, so big that the thunder shook the windows of the house. I jumped back in shock as did Grover.

"Blah, blah, blah," Mr. D grumbled. Chiron pretended to be interested in his hand of cards as Grover stood by me nervously.

"If I had it my way," Mr. D said, catching my attention. "I would cause your molecules to erupt into flames. We'd sweep up the ashes and be done with a lot of trouble. But Chiron," He glared at said centaur. "seems to feel that would be against my mission at this cursed camp: to keep you little brats safe from harm."

"Spontaneous combustion is a form of harm, Mr. D," Chiron added.

Mr. D sighed. "Nonsense, boy wouldn't feel a thing." I glanced over at Percy who was turning pale. "Nevertheless, I've agreed to restrain myself. I'm thinking of turning you into a dolphin instead, sending you back to your father." Mr. D said.

I snorted. "You're in need of some new material, Mr. D. If I had a drachmae for ever time I've heard that—" "I'll still turn you into one too." Mr. D said, looking at me from over his cards.

"Mr. D—" Chiron warned.

"Oh, all right," Mr. D said, turning his attention to Percy. "There's one more option. But it's deadly foolishness." He said as he stood up, setting down his cards. The floating cards also dropped to the table. "I'm off to Olympus for the emergency meeting. If the boy is still here when I get back, I'll turn him into an Atlantic bottlenose. Do you understand?" This was directed at Chiron. "And Perseus Jackson, if you're at all smart, you'll see that's much more sensible choice than what Chiron feels you must do." He picked up a card and it turned into a security pass, before snapping his fingers. The air began to fold and shift around him and then he was gone, leaving behind the faint smell of grapes.

Chiron then turned to us, he had a smile on his face, but I could tell he was tired. "Why don't you three take a seat" I did as I was told, as did Percy and Grover. Chiron laid his cards on the table as he turned to Percy. "Tell me Percy, what did you make of the hellhound?" Percy seemed to process his answer before speaking. I was curious as to what had happened, due to the fact I missed the entire thing because of my blackout.