This is By Far, My Weirdest Dream Yet

The next few days were interesting to say the least. I almost felt sorry for Percy, given that I had once gone through the same thing when I first came to Camp. Although I didn't remember much so I can't remember if it bothered me or not, but it definitely seemed to bother Percy. He was grumpy, sullen, and over all a real jerk.

"Hana? You listening?" I heard Annie say, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Oh? Yeah, sorry." I said, rubbing the back of my neck. The three of us were currently sitting on the lawn out in front of Cabin 6, Annie held a book on Ancient Greek in her lap and was quizzing us on simple terms.

"At least try to pay attention." Annie said with a small smile. I nodded and listened as she had Percy say a few things and then had me say some. After a while of this Percy groaned.

"This is stupid, I'm never gonna need to know this." He grumbled.

"You never know. Might come in handy." I said quietly. Percy grumbled and stood up.

"Come on. Let's go. We've got cleaning the stables next." He said. Annie watched as he did this with a look of interest. She had a habit of staring at him for long periods of time, which Percy seemed to be completely oblivious of.

I sighed as I stood up as well. "I'll see you later Annie." I said as Percy and I began to walk to the stables. As we walked I looked up at Percy, he was staring blankly ahead of himself with a distant look in his eyes. "You okay?" I asked. He didn't look at me.

"I'm fine." We didn't really talk much for the rest of the day unless it was to ask for something we needed. By the time that lights out came around, I was actually thankful for it. I fell asleep that night listening to the sound of Percy's soft snores.

In my dream I found myself in a strange place, it looked like one of those slum shacks that you saw in pictures of Brazil. It took me a few minutes to notice a soft crying coming from a small box. I noticed three kids, not much older than me, crowded around it. "We have to get her to shut up before he gets back-dasuyan." A rather large boy said.

"Don't be mean she's just a baby she can't help it." The lone girl said. The third, a boy with a strangely familiar spotted hat, just looked at what was in the box with a scowl.

"Well how do you suggest we get her to stop crying?" The kid with the spotted hat asked. The girl sighed.

"I don't know. Why did the young master get a baby in the first place?" She asked.

"Beats me." The boy with the spotted hat(I decided to refer to him as Spot from this point on) said. Suddenly I heard what appeared to be footsteps coming up from behind me. "Shit! He's here already?!" Spot said with a scowl. The girl panicked a little, covering the box with a wooden plank.

"Please be quiet." She whispered to the baby. The three turned around to face the door, I hoped that I would be able to get a good look at their faces, but they all seemed to be constantly changing. Like I wasn't able to focus on any one detail about them, but strangely I could see their expressions just fine. And they all looked terrified. I heard the door open and I turned around to see an abnormally tall man with a coat of black feathers. "Welcome back Cora-san!" The girl said. The man took a step in the room before promptly falling on his ass. I tried to control my laughter but the girl and the larger boy laughed at this.

"He fell again-dasuyan!" The larger boy laughed.

"I knew he was gonna do that!" The girl laughed. I watched in absolute shock and horror as the larger male struck the two children across the face. Spot stepped almost protectively in front of the box. The man turned to glare at him, suddenly the baby in the box let out a wail. The man turned his attention to this, and I thought for a minute he might flip out and do something like throw it out a window, but he just had a look of absolute horror on his face. He stood perfectly still for a minute before jamming his thumb at the door behind him, gesturing for the kids to leave. The larger boy and the girl looked scared, but did as they were told. The man looked at Spot and held up a hand, I thought he was about to hit the poor kid but instead just snapped his fingers. Suddenly a strange purple sphere surrounded the two of them.

"Law, what is going on?" The man asked. Spot, or Law, simply turned around and moved the lid off the crate, pulling out the baby, who had long messy black hair and was in a light purple onesie with fish all over it. "Is that a baby?" The man asked.

"Well it isn't a fish." Law replied sarcastically. The man glared at him a little, taking the baby from him and sitting down.

"Why is she here?" He asked.

Law shrugged. "Apparently Doffy bought her." He said.

The man sighed. "This isn't good." He said. Suddenly the baby started to cry again. The taller man simply bopped her up and down to shush her. "Does she have a name?" He asked. Law shook his head. "I guess we'll have to give her one." The man said with a small smile, holding the baby up to get a better look at her. "What do you think of the name Hana?"