Chapter 9 [Part 1]

Start from the beginning

"When did this happen?"

"We just arrived at the hospital just now so not too long ago,"

"How is he?" Tegan asked nervously.

"He's unconscious at the moment and we don't know if he'll wake up," Tegan's Mum began to cry.

"It's ok Mum, don't cry. I'll be there as soon as I can. What hospital are you in?"

Tegan's mum mumbled the name of the hospital.

"Is Dad there?" Tegan asked.

"No,"

"Ok don't worry Mum, I'll be there soon," Tegan said before hanging up and looking at me.

"My brother had an accident, I have to go and see my family at the hospital," Tegan told me and I gave a sigh of relief to know Liam was her brother. I nodded my head in understanding. Liam is Tegan's brother, of course she has to see him and I am not going to stop her.

I was about to tell Tegan to grab a jacket so we could leave for the hospital but she burst into tears and my heart broke. I've never seen her cry before, I don't like it. I don't like it at all.

Without a word, I pulled Tegan into my arms and hugged her. Tegan hugged me back without a thought and seemed to calm down a little.

"Shh, it's ok,"I assured Tegan. "You're brother will be ok,"

"What if he isn't?" Tegan sobbed. "Liam's parents adopted me when I was younger so we aren't blood related but Liam is the only brother I have ever known. If something were to happen to him or any of them, it would kill me,"

"You were adopted?" I asked in surprise. I never knew Tegan was adopted, I should have asked her about her family earlier. "What happened to your biological family?"

"I don't know. Ever since I can remember, I was in care until I was adopted by Mr and Mrs McGuire. When I was old enough to see my file, there was nothing on there about my family and my social worker didn't know either,"

"I'm so sorry," I apologised and kissed Tegan's cheek.

"It's ok. It would upset me when I was in care but it doesn't bother me anymore. I have a new family and I'm happy," Tegan smiled and I brushed away her tears with my finger. I never want to see her cry again. It will be my mission to make sure another tear never falls from her eyes unless they are happy tears.

"If you're ready to see your family, I'll take you to the hospital now,"

"Thanks," Tegan said and gave me another hug. "I'll just sort my face out and we'll go,"

"Ok," I agreed before letting go of Tegan and she went upstairs.

A few minutes later, Tegan returned looking much better and there were no tears.

"Ready?" I asked.

"Yes," Tegan replied. "Let's go,"

We both grabbed a jacket before heading out with my car keys. The journey to the hospital was a silent one.

Half an hour later, we arrived at the hospital. Tegan got out of the car once I had parked safely.

"I wish I could come with you," I admitted. I want to go in with Tegan and support her but I can't. Her family are humans. I'm not very good with humans. I still sometimes have a problem with their blood. Also, Tegan's family don't know me and I am not ready to meet them. I know I am going to meet them eventually just not now.

"I wish you could come with me," Tegan replied.

"Don't worry, it will be ok. I'll be right here for when you come back," I assured my wife.

"Ok, I'll see you soon," Tegan replied and was about to walk away but I stopped her to get her number in case anything happened. I don't know why I didn't ask for her number before. Tegan gave me her number and surprised me with a kiss on my cheek before turning away.

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow me for more updates!