1. The Light

I remember it like it was yesterday. I had been laying in my bed underneath my covers. Holding my stuffed animal named "Cloak". My parents had named him that after a television show I used to watch as a toddler. I am currently thirteen, so I guess I'm still a little young but my body was mildly more mature than the other kids in my college.

My name is Casey, I am a karate enthusiast of a sort. First Degree Black Belt and winner of seven different gold metals. (Not to brag).

Lately me and my grandfather have been star gazing out side of my grandmothers old farm house that my mother had hesitatingly inherited from her parents after my "the old lady" passed and my dad hung himself from pain of seeing his wife suffer from the depression of losing her only mother.

She changed after that, nowadays all she did was sit in the house all day and lay in her bed. Never eating and only getting up to go to the bathroom. So as you can imagine her room was a disease factory just waiting for a fluent contamination.

The only reason I'm in college is because of my mother. Ever since she fell into emotionless state of mind, I have taken up star gazing and so my bedside dresser is literally stacked to the ceiling with books about observing those giant gas giants and some other unworldly hobbies.

Me and my grandfather sat on the phone looking up at the stars from  different locations and trying to observe what we could see.

Then it happened.... I herd a quick blip...a brisk scream and then

Static...